What's new

House, M.D. season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Season 1, episode 12, "Sports Medicine" House and the crew treat a major league pitcher whose comeback is sidelined by a bone disease and possibly by steroid abuse. Singer appears as himself directing the ballplayer in a TV commercial in the teaser.

I think Wilson's line was closer to, "Ah, Dr. Jekyll, good. The police are here. They'd like to ask you a few questions about a half-eaten sheep found in the zoo." For the last part Wilson is mixing up Stephenson's metaphorical werewolf story with a more literal werewolf tale - either Wolf with Jack Nicholson or An American Werewolf in London. In the novel Mr. Hyde gets up to some pretty nasty stuff, but eating animals raw is not one of them as far as I can recall.

Regards,

Joe

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I have been a bad House watcher lately, taping and never getting around to watch the episodes. Tonight was different, I loved the episode. But I do not understand the quick wrap-up at the end. What the heck was that?

Ryan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How did that line go:

"Put your clothes back on, we're going to cut your balls off, then you'll be fine."

Wilson was killing me:

Wilson's God voice regarding Cameron:

"Aw Dammit, she always wants to know why bad things happen, like I'm going to come up with a new answer this time."

What did you not understand?

The placebo effect that Cuddy executed on House, or the model's storyline?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The dad knew he was sleeping with his son? The fact that he was a model who was sleeping with several people, on the cover of "Celeb..." - That's what I don't understand.

Ryan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The dad had no idea that his gorgeous, manipulative "daughter" was pretty much an intersexual/hermaphrodite whose testes did not descend, thus giving the model the outward appearance of being a female with very desirable traits at the age of 15. But House and his team discovered the model had cancer of the testes, which was causing the symptoms for the model's ailment.

Of course, with House delivering this news to the dad and model, he was skewering the dad with his rapier wit just to bring home the point that no father should be having incestuous relations with their children, and by doing so, he even drunkenly engaged in what could be considered homosexual relations with his son (House loving the irony of it all, of course).

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Awww. That makes sense and it will teach me from dozing off in the chair. :)

Thanks Patrick.

Ryan

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
i laughed my ass off when he hit Wilson with his cane

good ep. havent seen much of House lately as i've been watching scrubs instead of House tuesday nights.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Also a she was a very rare kind of intersexual who is totally immune to the effects of testosterone, which gave her the desirable traits Patrick spoke of. She was 100% pure estrogen.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Arrrgh!!!

I forgot all about the special Monday episode, and so didn't set the DVR. Luckily I run across it by accident around 8:30 and was able to piece together the story as I went. Half of a good House episode is better than a complete episode of most series, and this one had me both intrigued by the medical mystery and laughing my butt off at the sheer audacity of the plot and some of the lines. I'll definitely watch this one from the top when they rerun it. Or are they podcasting House these days. (I usually ignore podcasts since I now have two, 2-tuner HD DVRs and don't usually miss shows I want to see - unless I'm being an idiot that day. :))

Regards,

Joe

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
This was right up there with my favorite episodes of house.

*Whap!* "Aw, do you miss Stacy?"

Great stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Sex Kills"

I liked how the storylines paralleled one another (Wilson's and the dead lady's situations), but you didn't quite know from which direction until the end. House deserved the knee to the nards from the husband.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I also liked this weeks episode, however I have a very big bone to pick with FOX.

If they dont stop pre-empting this program so they can broadcast that silly talent show 2 hours a night 3 nights a week people will end up losing interest in what I think is the best hour on TV.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
helped make it a hit? how so? did i miss something along the way here (which is distinctly possible as i didn't discover this show until about a month ago... sad for a hugh laurie fan i admit, but still...)?

mylan

Screenwriter
Before American Idol resumed for the season, House was lost in the shuffle, but with A.I.as a lead-in, more people discovered it.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
House was on the verge of cancellation last year before American Idol saved its butt with the lead-in.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
...except for the minor detail that last year, they weren't only showing a single episode a month. Not only are they delaying and preempting it all over the place, twice so far they changed it over to monday night, one of which i completely missed and the other i got into late because i happened to be flipping through the channels.

It almost seems like they're trying to bury House and Bones. I suppose we'll know its all over if they move it to the Fox Broadcasting Slot Of Doom (primetime friday)

People may laugh when I say this, but Fox is really running the risk of burning out American Idol by showing is too much. People said the juggernaut of Who Wants to be a Millionare would never die, but run something too much...

Mark Leiter

Second Unit

If House can't make it on its own merit them maybe it should be canceled.

I don't know maybe i'm just too jaded. But when FOX only has 2 hours a night of prime time broadcasting you'd think they'd be able to come up with something more than one quality show to fill the space.

Maybe it different elsewhere but in my area FOX programs;

6-8 King of the Hill and Simpson re-runs

8-10 Prime time

10+ Local news

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
and, of course, the schedulers occasionally have to deal with the "but 8--9 is family hour" delusions, further restricting the flexibility of schedulers. It's just so frustrating to learn that

I'll probably end up forgetting the return of "Prison Break". (20h March, btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks