What's new

House, M.D. season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
Lead-ins are fine. But that isn't what is happening. How can it be called a lead-in when A.I is the only show on?? It's more like a replacment. I realize that i'm in the vast minority in that I just don't care for A.I. Its just that everytime I happen to see it and I see Simon whats-his-name be-little and insult someone that is just trying they're best simply for a cheap laugh, I feel a little more of my humanity slip away.

I respect however, the fact that A.I. is wildly popular and in the court of "dollars-n-cents" popularity rules. If FOX feels that its in their best interest to show A.I. 6 hours a week thats great. Maybe a solution would be to expand FOXes broadcast to add a 10PM time slot so that well written shows featuring good drama like House, Bones, Prison Break etc... can get a fair chance to succeed.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
just fyi, House was originally supposed to be on Monday nights this year, but Prison Break took off and they ended up keeping PB and 24 on Mondays for 2 hours of action.

AI brings in 20+ million viewers and is in the top 3 ratings-wise. Fox is going to milk it dry. It will fade eventually..no good thing lasts forever. Oh..and I don't watch AI either.

Fox is not expanding to 3 hours because they have a hard enough time getting people to watch 2 hours of programming not named AI. They're not trying to bury any shows either. They feel that both Bones and House have had enough time under AI's wing to stand on their own. Using AI as a lead in is their best way to develop hits.

I'm not following these rants.. are you guys saying that you want house canceled because it is being pre-empted too much for your enjoyment?

You guys need to learn how the tv business works. Every show can't start in January and end in May with 24 straight episodes. Nothing was different last season..They had 20 or 22 episodes and they're going to have that this year too. November, February and May are sweeps months and episodes are always shown without breaks during those months. If the pre-emptions bother you that much, just wait till the show is on DVD..end of story.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I want to apologize to everyone here. I didn't mean to hijack this thread for my own purposes. I was just expressing my own fustration that I can't get any of my friends to watch 'cause they can never find it and I keep missing episodes for the same reason.

I am not a big TV person. In fact this and occasionaly Grey's Anatomy are the only shows I currently watch. All I really want is to be able to sit down at 9PM Tuesday night tune in and be able to watch the show. I never seem to be able to do that.

Again I apologize, I'll refrain for commenting further.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

No, I think everybody wants to see 3 or 4 weeks of House in a row, in the same time slot, so the show can build any sort of following. Lots of TV watching is routine and habits are hard to start and hard to break. Why are the 15 new episodes of House spread over 6 months?

S2
Episode 1-3 September 13/20/27
4 week hiatus (entire month of October)

Episode 4-8 November 1/8/15/22/29
Skip a week

Episode 9 December 13
Skip 3 weeks

Episode 10 January 10
Skip a month

Episode 11-12 February 7/14
Episode 13 February 20
Skip a week

Episode 14 March 7
Skip 2 weeks

Episode 15 March 28

Basically since Thanksgiving, only once has House been seen consecutive weeks averaging a new show every third week even including the one Monday night show. I know too many people that quit watching good shows because of this type non-scheduling? It's too hard to build a loyal following when you have to search for the show.

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore in part because it's just too hard to track down the shows I like. I can TIVO things though my family hates the thing -- mainly they just want to sit down at the same time every week and watch their show. There is just too many other things to do or watch if you have to work at it except for something exceptional. The only show that meets that for me right now is Galactica -- not 24, not House, not Numbers, not CSI all of which I think are very good TV shows.

I absolutely abhor the likes Idol, Survivor, Fear Factor, Dancing/Skating/Bleeding with the Stars, The Great Escape or Race or whatever it's called, etc. Some people like those shows and it's fine for them, but every one of these shows has essentially become the equivalent of Rap music and SNL Alum Movie of the Week for me. No reason to sift through the billion grains of sand to find the diamonds.

In contrast Season 1 had 22 episodes spaced over 28 weeks. Starting Nov 16th, there were 7 straight episodes, a 3 week break after Christmas then 15 more episodes over 18 weeks from Jan 25th through May 24th all on the same night and I think same time slot.

mylan

Screenwriter
Hey Mark, sorry I broke your balls earlier. I can see your frustration with all the breaks. Fox will run AI until it croaks, thats for sure. I think now you can be safe telling everyone that House comes on at 9:00 on Tues. My favorite show is Lost which goes on long breaks constantly. We watch so many shows that we feel it is a break to do something else when it re-runs.
As far as House taking so long to get through 15 episodes, There is the baseball play-offs and World Series, which is another cash cow for Fox, holiday breaks, and the start of American Idol. Its just television, thats the way it works. It is another reason I like 24, it doesn't start until January after all that other mess and goes straight through. So, back to House, was that episode great or what?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Most shows at this point in the season are on episode 15 or 16 or 17, so House isn't that far behind with episode 14 last night.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Which leaves them as few as 7 episode to string out between now and the end of the season in May, 4 or 5 of which they're going to want to run during the all-important May sweeps period to help the local affiliates. There was also a certain element of surrender in the face of the Olympics on several of the networks - why burn new episodes of filmed shows (as opposed to "live" or near-live events) against something like that? So lots of reruns and pre-emptions even in February which is also nominally a sweeps period. (But third in importance, barely coming in ahead of the prefunctory July sweeps.)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/4/06

House and Wilson as the Odd Couple was some good stuff, especially at the end when Wilson finally gets House via the cane.

House's second shot at a dramatic discovery was comic gold (elevator opens, and House is digging into Dawn's junk and whips out the tic that was causing all her medical problems).

Actually, even House's first shot at a dramatic discovery in the diagnostic chamber was good for some laughs.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I loved seeing Dawn in pain. (I can still hear her whining from the Buffy show)

The episode was pretty good. Some good laughs. I loved seeing House actually smile once.

I think he will need a new couch now :)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
It took me a minute to recognize him with all the weight (and the years on his face)...but I was surprised that "The Last Starfighter" (Lance Guest) was the father of the girl in the episode. I have not seen him forever. Wow!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Never would have known that Brian, and the cane thing was hilarious. Forgive me for being slow but why did Wilson suggested to House that he may not want to sit in that paticular spot? Is it a "nasty" thing.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

You're as clueless as the pre-cane Wilson. Let's just say that it results in the involuntary opening of the urethral valve.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Jerome, House played the typical frat-house practical joke on Wilson. The one in which you place a sleeping persons hand in warm water. This usually causes the sleeping person to "wet the bed".

I don't think I would have done that to a person sleeping on my own couch. LOL

Getting back to "Dawn".... I noticed they said that they checked her pubic hair for the tic. So when Dr. House went back for a look, the tic must have been in an even more un-ladylike place. LOL. I mean wouldn't a woman know if something that big was suddenly there? That was the biggest tic I have seen. Must have been a female tic that had engorged. Thats pretty gross. And doesn't say much for her personal hygiene.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
As House was saying, it was her first time. She might have thought the sensation of being bitten was normal.

Also, I got a kick out of seeing that House (and now Wilson) lives at 221B something Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks