What's new

Hooking up NON HDTV Satelite into my Denon AVR0-3802, I have a simple question! (1 Viewer)

Hey all! :)
All I want to know is in the next few days when I get my speakers, I will plug my DVD player into 1 of the component inputs on the 3802, next since I have the XBOX I want to plug that into the other remaining component output on the 3802. What I'm wondering though is that other remaining component output is labeled TV/DBS! My NON HDTV using satelite receiver which I want to hook up I assume I would want to connect into the TV/DBS input but I can't because I would be plugging my XBOX into there... So since my TV/DBS input is being used for the XBOX, what input do I use for just regular TV viewing?? Would any other input work such as the VCR-1 or VCR-2 AUX? I am thinking this would be the case, but I am trying to save as much time, effort and aggravation as I can just trying to hook everything else up!
Thanks in advance! :)

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
other remaining component output
. Exactly how many component inputs and outputs does the 3802 have? I would assume that it has two inputs (one each for the DVD and the XBOX) and one output (to the TV). Correct? If your TV doesn't have component inputs, you can't connect anything to the component inputs on the 3802 and expect it to go to the TV. You will have to use either S-video or composite inputs (video1, video2 etc) for the DVD and XBOX and match that with the output to the TV. Unless I am completely misunderstanding what you are saying. Please clarify.
RichN

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
It really doesn't matter, i would probly put it into the VDP input since it doesn't have a recording line out. Or you can use S-video for the Xbox and then us the DBS for the sat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks