Hooking up NON HDTV Satelite into my Denon AVR0-3802, with an XBOX, simple question!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Boober, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Steve Boober

Steve Boober Extra

Hey all! [​IMG]
    All I want to know is in the next few days when I get my speakers, I will plug my DVD player into 1 of the component inputs on the 3802, next since I have the XBOX I want to plug that into the other remaining component output on the 3802. What I'm wondering though is that other remaining component output is labeled TV/DBS! My NON HDTV using satelite receiver which I want to hook up I assume I would want to connect into the TV/DBS input but I can't because I would be plugging my XBOX into there... So since my TV/DBS input is being used for the XBOX, what input do I use for just regular TV viewing?? Would any other input work such as the VCR-1 or VCR-2 AUX? I am thinking this would be the case, but I am trying to save as much time, effort and aggravation as I can just trying to hook everything else up!
    Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I would think so - you just have to remember what input that is. Or, if your 3802 is something like my Kenwood, just change the input name.

3. Steve Boober

Steve Boober Extra

Cool! That's good to know. Thanks for the reply.

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

You can use whatever input you want. The receiver doesn't care. The inputs are only labelled for your information.

My Denon is hooked up like this:

Cable/TiVo ---> VCR-1
    Xbox ---> DVD (Component In)
    PS2 ---> VDP
    Gamecube ---> TV/DBS (Component In)
    DVD ---> CD (for audio only. Component video directly to one "Component In" on the TV set)

"Component Out" on the receiver to the other "Component In" on the TV.

Whew!

I just wish the Denon would let you re-name the inputs on the display...