What's new

Honestly...Seriously...Really...will an SVS be an improvement over my current sub? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I have a Mirage BPS-150 bipolar powered sub that I am perfectly happy with. Currently I am using a Yamaha HTR-5250 receiver until either Outlaw, the new Harman Kardon flagship receiver, or the new flagship Sony receiver make their appearance. Am I missing something w/ the SVS? Will it be a noticeable improvement over my current sub? Or should I don't worry, be happy :) w/ what I've got? If you recommend an SVS, please tell me why, instead of recommending it because you have it and you like it. I want a satisfying upgrade. Thanks.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"Am I missing something w/ the SVS? Will it be a noticeable improvement over my current sub?"
Yes
"Or should I don't worry, be happy w/ what I've got?"
You should stay awake every night worrying about what you DON'T have :)
"If you recommend an SVS, please tell me why, instead of recommending it because you have it and you like it. I want a satisfying upgrade. Thanks."
I can't think of many other reasons except that I've never heard bass like I do now. I've heard REL, Velodyne, Klipsch, M&K, B&W, all of them....for the dollar that don't compare. I do have them and I do LOVE them. There's no better reason.
Kevin,
Seriously, if you're on the fence, buy one, keep the box and return it if you're not happy....don't know if this has ever happened, but they do allow a refund for 45 days.
Jeremy

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I just ordered 2 25-31's with the 700 watt samson amp. I can't wait til they get here! I just hope they live up to the reviews.

Just ordered a single 20-39 and the Samson 700...wooohoo! Cannot wait. I am replacing a Klipsch KSW-12 which is a decent subwoofer, but I know the difference is going to be night and day. I am however, having second thoughts about not getting the Ultra /Samson 1000, since I really only have one spot for a subwoofer, maybe I should have maxed it out. Well we shall see, but I will keep my box as well, but for that reason alone.

Steve_D

Second Unit
It will only cost you the price of shipping to find out.
------------------
Link Removed

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, how large is your room? Approx how close to reference levels do you like to crank the system up to during those enthusiastic demos for friends/action oriented DVD enjoyment?What receiver and full range speakers are you using?
Jordan, if you're looking for maximum performance from a single enclosure...you should have considered the CS_U subwoofer/S1000 pacakge. We haven't shipped your 20-39cs yet...because we didn't get the large shipment of Samson amps today(even though we were promised they'd be here no later than monday!).Therefore there's still time to reconsider your purchase. If you want to discuss a possible change,please email me using the SVS techsupport icon at the website. How large is your room Jordan?
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks