What's new

Homw Networking Problem - Please Help... (1 Viewer)

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
OK...here's my delimma...

I have a cable mode going to an XP box - line to a hub - 4 lines out to 4 computers...

I need wallplates at every computer. i get them wired (all at "B" standard) and nothing works - however a light shows up on the NIC cards but the hub does NOT show a connection....IF I keep the wire as having "MALE" connectors and connect them right into the computer - THEY WORK. But if I try to put a "FEMALE" connector to use with a patch cable - nothing.

I have tried this on every computer with all 4 wallplates and nothing I do works.

Any ideas? I racking my brains here...

-MIke

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

FrankT

Stunt Coordinator
This is a total guess. Make sure your cables are not crossover cables. They look exactly like normal cables. You can tell usually because the colored wires inside the end piece are in a different order then a normal cable. Sorry but that is all I can think of.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Yeah - I've tried everything I can think of - from the obvious to the not-so-obvious...remember, I'm making my own wires... ugh

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I'd double check the hub and make certain that the port switch on the uplink (from the hub to the XP computer) is treated as a normal connection vs an uplink (which usually is a roll-over setting). Also double check things such as workgroups, permissions, and the correct protocols (might have to install the ICS from the XP computer).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks