What's new

Home Theater Forum turns 5 years (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/birthday/birthday.html
More than two weeks ago a rather important date in Home Theater Forum's history quietly passed by. It was this past July 4th that Home Theater Forum turned 5 years old.
Five years may not seem so important to most people, but for Parker and me, this forum is still a miracle of sorts. We still pinch ourselves to make sure that this isn't some sort of dream. Who would ever have thought that our little afternoon hobby would turn into the Internet's leading Home Theater and DVD resource?
I would like to take this opportunity to reflect upon our past five years (and go back even further), as well as thanking a few people without whom this forum would probably be nonexistent.
------------------------------------------------------------
I just read this amazing article on the birth and growth of HTF. Congratulations on a job well done. I could not find a thread to put my comments, so I will start one. There is much more at the link.
Parker & Ron and all the moderators
congratulations and here is to another 5 years and beyond
:emoji_thumbsup:

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
But this thread really belongs in the feedback section.... ;)
Damn, I can still spot an errant thread form a mile away... :D
I was very happy to be part of the HTF Admin team for a while. :) They are a great bunch.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
It has been a great 5 yrs and I am sure many more to come. I am proud to have been part of this forum since almost the it's very begining.
A big Thanks for all involved in running this forum.
Sanjay
Member since 1997
PS: NOw i only the date of my starting as a member would show up on it's own like all others. :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Sanjay,
Email Parker! He'll take care of it. While you're at it ask him to change my post count to 100 again. ;) Really. :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations! I love this site. I started out mostly reading and posting in the Hardware forum, but I only read that now, and post mostly in After Hours, Movies and TV, with occasional Software posts. I still like reading about HT-stuff though, and if this site would go away I don't know what I'd do. :)
I happen to turn 2 in HTF-years today, by the way! :)
/Mike

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
5 years old? But I've been here for 6! What the hell?;)
I'd like to take this opportunity to extend a laurel, and hardy handshake to Ron, Parker and the admins for making the [checks header] HFT HTF the leading forum of its type on the web.:emoji_thumbsup:
Congrats on your 5th year FTH! Woohoo! :) :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, I've only been here for a fraction of the 5 years, but it's been a blast. Thanks to HTF and its staff and members, I've learned so much. And even better, I've made some really good friends along the way.
So congratulations on the 5 year mark.
Here's to the next 5. :emoji_thumbsup:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Happy Birthday, HTF! Congratulations, Parker, Ron, and the whole HTF Team on a job well done. You all should be proud of your efforts. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks