What's new

Holy Moly!....bpd 1003 Pics!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Only two applications come to mind for that thing! Car audio and Linkwitz Transform!

Brian

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Holy crap! That looks like one helluva killer sub!
Anthony, are the specs out for the sub? And is there a price listed?
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is Linkwitz Transform? :confused:

A

Anthony_Gomez

oops...ya a LT.
I am sure you could use it in a PR box with opposed 12"ers
Jeffery, a LT is an active piece of circuitry that electronically boosts your speakers responce to give it any Fb and Qtc you could want. (a lot better than an EQ) Go to www.linkwitzlab.com formore info. THe trade off is (btw, it is for a sealed enclosure only) that you need lots of x-max (which this driver has) and lots of power (like 1kw)

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony, you still can't change the driver natural Qtc-in-a-box, though you obviously can flatten the FR peak around it. You also can't flatten the transient response bump that will occure, but hopefully it'll be high enough so that's avoided during normal use :)

A

Anthony_Gomez

The best thing for people to do is just play around with the LT program on the FRC consortium....plots show all the stuff you need to know=)

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
Damn I would love to impress my friends with a couple of those and 1100 watts in the trunk of my car. I'm thinking 145db at 45 hz.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's my concern: Lack of Vd with such a large surround.

There's no replacement for displacement.

Cam S

Screenwriter
WOW, that thing is sweet looking, looks so much like the Sunfire subs. It looks kinda funny with the dust cap like that, they should have made it concave in shape, going in, instead of out.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Rudy H

The linkwitz transform will change the Q of the system in a box. If you download the LT spreadsheet it is explained that to find the value of the electrical components you input certain woofer and box characteristics and then the F3 and system Q desired. Then the components are calculated. The LT is a great idea. But it does require a lot of Xmax and power.

Bill_BPD

Auditioning
You prolly want these :)
Re 3.6
Fs 29.7
Qms 6.62
Qes .27
Qts .26
Mms 197 g
Sd 310 cm^2
Vas 19.55
SPL 85.2 dB
Xmax 51.7 mm p-p to be verified by Dumax
Power 1000 Watts

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
That much Vd for a 10" sounds like lots of fun. :) Might make a cool little PR sub, maybe with a single 15" from Adire or Stryke.

Bill_BPD

Auditioning
The one in the pic is currently in my car taking a rather obnoxious beating. Its odd how much cabin gain occurs, In the plot I should be getting a -3 of 90hz and a -6 of 65hz, but it doesnt sound bad. (sealed, If only I could get a bfd in my car)

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
Rudy H
The linkwitz transform will change the Q of the system in a box. If you download the LT spreadsheet it is explained that to find the value of the electrical components you input certain woofer and box characteristics and then the F3 and system Q desired. Then the components are calculated. The LT is a great idea. But it does require a lot of Xmax and power.
But it still doesn't change the natural Q of the driver; IE; the LT filter (if I understand it correctly) only boosts low-end response per whatever slope/f3, but how could it change the group delay peak that happens due to the boxes high Qtc? Of course the GD peak is usually higher up in response (hopefully out of the bass range completely), but its still there.
Yup, it sure does :)
Hence something like the Brahma or BluePrint's :D

Cam S

Screenwriter
Bill, what are you powering that sub in your car with??

Also, does the dust cap shape effect performance in any way???

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
But it still doesn't change the natural Q of the driver; IE; the LT filter (if I understand it correctly) only boosts low-end response per whatever slope/f3, but how could it change the group delay peak that happens due to the boxes high Qtc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks