What's new

HOLLYWOODLAND" - Diane Lane, Brody, Affleck - looks good (1 Viewer)

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I thought the Reeve segments were very interesting. His hopes and disappoints, plus his relationship to the Lane character were the highlights of the movie. The investigation story has a couple nice hustling insights, but overall, I always wanted the movie to switch back to Affleck and Lane during the Brody segments.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I saw this last night. The pacing was a little off, but it was a very well acted and directed film. Affleck was surprisingly good as George Reeves, he even looked like him a bit, especially towards the end of the film. A little gloomy and depressing, but a very good film overall. And I loved the scene where the kids were seen racing into their homes to watch THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

:star::star::star:1/2 out of :star::star::star::star:

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I to saw this weekend.... I really liked it....... I liked how they showed all the different views OF what could of happened....

R~

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just saw this tonight. I really wanted to like this being familiar with the story somewhat and especially in light of the TV shows now out on dvd. What surprised me was how little I cared for the characters. This is where I am torn: Just seems like everyone was just kind of sleezy, cruel and mean spirited. Maybe that's the intent to show the rough side of Hollywood. My guess is that's the intent & if so, then it was surely successful in doing that.

On the other hand, what I hoped for was to see something like what really happened be viewed as a tragedy. While watching the film I found myself not really caring...and I came in rather bias in wanting to like it.

Mixed bag for me and a disappointment. One thing for sure, the HD DVD looked absolutely fabulous. Might be one of the best images I've yet seen on the format.

7/10

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Kirk and Tim: too much time spent on the PI subplot and not enough time with Reeves, who was probably the only likeable or endearing character in the movie.

7.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks