What's new

Pre-Order Hogan's Heroes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The cast of Hogans Heroes made a temporary escape and made a appearance at the 13.30 mark with der
bingle on The Hollywood Palace. Dec 12/1965
Thanks for posting this, Clark! I'll add this to my upcoming Christmas TV watchlist for next month. Get a kick out of these old variety shows, especially their Xmas episodes. I'm guessing at some point Der Bingle will croon out "White Christmas." :)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1668665001856.png

1668665316884.png

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
The cast of Hogans Heroes made a temporary escape and made a appearance at the 13.30 mark with der
bingle on The Hollywood Palace. Dec 12/1965

It's not in 4K like the one taken down in your link says, but there's a whole Hollywood Palace Playlist of over 70 episodes on youtube, and has been for several years, including the one you mention. This one has original commercials. It also has the time stamp on it, ...but who cares! Look for it here:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This new Hogan's Heroes American Blu-- will it be of the same makeup, packaging-wise, as the DVD all-in-one?

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
This new Hogan's Heroes American Blu-- will it be of the same makeup, packaging-wise, as the DVD all-in-one?
I dont know on that as i have single season sets from 2005.

I got the blu ray collection today and the set has 6 blu ray cases enclosed in a blu ray packaging box.

Season 1 4 blu rays
Season 2 4 blu rays
Season 3 4 blu rays
Season 4 3 blu rays
Season 5 3 blu rays
Season 6 4 blu rays with all the special features from that previous out of print Kommandant's dvd box set.

One thing to note is it is 22 discs and not 21 as in the description posted. Also the extended pilot is in this set and all the discs are easy to pull out with no overlapping discs. It is kind of thick (green acres 6 season dvd set thickness) but a good trade off for being able to pull out disc without having to remove other discs.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I dont know on that as i have single season sets from 2005.

I got the blu ray collection today and the set has 6 blu ray cases enclosed in a blu ray packaging box.

Season 1 4 blu rays
Season 2 4 blu rays
Season 3 4 blu rays
Season 4 3 blu rays
Season 5 3 blu rays
Season 6 4 blu rays with all the special features from that previous out of print Kommandant's dvd box set.

One thing to note is it is 22 discs and not 21 as in the description posted. Also the extended pilot is in this set and all the discs are easy to pull out with no overlapping discs. It is kind of thick (green acres 6 season dvd set thickness) but a good trade off for being able to pull out disc without having to remove other discs.
the extra disc extras from the complete dvd set?

Last edited:

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As a huge fan of this show, this is definitely something I'm going to order. I was familiar with the German BD release, but kept holding out for a U.S release. I never owned the DVDs but always watched personal recordings, plus whatever episodes I own on 16mm. I have 35 episodes of this show on 16mm (37 prints total with 2 episodes having 2 prints each), the most of any series in my collection.
Did you make transfers of them or do you haul out the projector to watch? There's nothing like going back to the 35mm network prints for that Night of Broadcast or even early rerun feel. Plus here are those nice little network billboards and sponsor tags that don't make it to home video.

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
the extra disc extras from the complete dvd set?
It seems to be but i think most of the dvd sets didnt have any extras except for the Kommandant's Kollection.

What the new blu ray set states on the box:

Extended pilot episode (HD) audio comentaries on select episodes,
gag reel, interviews with Richard Dawson and series co-createt Al Ruddy and more.

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I'm not 100% sure about the interview with Al Ruddy since I don't recall that, I believe much of that was always included with the DVD releases.

Season 1 has always had the pilot episode on the first disc and season 2 has a lot of extras like the gag reel, the old interview with Richard Dawson, and the audio commentaries on 3 or 4 episodes. And season 3 had a few extras as well.

All of it was intact on the last budget reissue of the complete series collection thanks to there not having been a bonus disc to eliminate for a small savings. And while I suspect many of the discs on that release were old unused stock, there's no point re-authoring discs just to remove bonus material for anything that did have to be newly pressed for it.

Edit: I do see that the older complete series set indeed had an extra disc with new bonus material, which isn't included on the last complete series set which I own (With the extended pilot for instance apparently referring to a rarely seen introduction before the episode). I thought you were mistaking these easily overlooked bonus features from the original season releases on DVD when I first replied.

Nice that both the standard bonus features and the exclusive additions to that older complete series release have all been ported forward.

Last edited:

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Did you make transfers of them or do you haul out the projector to watch? There's nothing like going back to the 35mm network prints for that Night of Broadcast or even early rerun feel. Plus here are those nice little network billboards and sponsor tags that don't make it to home video.
I occasionally break out the projector to watch whatever I have. I'm currently modifying my first projector, purchased in 2012 (when I started collecting 16mm), to convert it to a DIY, 4K frame-by-frame film scanner, which will do until I can get something better, hopefully in the near future. I hope to have that finished soon. All of my 16mm prints of Hogan are syndication prints; no network prints as of yet, so no sponsor tags or anything. Watching an episode on film is vastly different than watching on TV, whether it be broadcast or physical media. It's an experience I enjoy. It's even better if you project a print on a low fade film stock that still has all its colors, instead of shades of pink or red.

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
While I'm not 100% sure about the interview with Al Ruddy since I don't recall that, I believe much of that was always included with the DVD releases.

Season 1 has always had the pilot episode on the first disc and season 2 has a lot of extras like the gag reel, the old interview with Richard Dawson, and the audio commentaries on 3 or 4 episodes. And season 3 had a few extras as well.

All of it was intact on the last budget reissue of the complete series collection thanks to there not having been a bonus disc to eliminate for a small savings. And while I suspect many of the discs on that release were old unused stock, there's no point re-authoring discs just to remove bonus material for anything that did have to be newly pressed for it.

Edit: I do see that the older complete series set indeed had an extra disc with new bonus material, which isn't included on the last complete series set which I own (With the extended pilot for instance apparently referring to a rarely seen introduction before the episode). I thought you were mistaking these easily overlooked bonus features from the original season releases on DVD when I first replied.

Nice that both the standard bonus features and the exclusive additions to that older complete series release have all been ported forward.

It will.be the weekend before i actually have time to watch the special features to see if there is anything extra on it. I have the original 2005 season sets and a person at work went to only doing streaming and gave me the Kommandant's collectiom that had a seperate bonus dvd that had all the special features. I believe it had bob crane's home movies of his wedding that was done on the set of hogan"s heroes.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I occasionally break out the projector to watch whatever I have. I'm currently modifying my first projector, purchased in 2012 (when I started collecting 16mm), to convert it to a DIY, 4K frame-by-frame film scanner, which will do until I can get something better, hopefully in the near future. I hope to have that finished soon. All of my 16mm prints of Hogan are syndication prints; no network prints as of yet, so no sponsor tags or anything. Watching an episode on film is vastly different than watching on TV, whether it be broadcast or physical media. It's an experience I enjoy. It's even better if you project a print on a low fade film stock that still has all its colors, instead of shades of pink or red.
Agreed, I have some 16mm reels left with projectors as well as episodes transferred over. It is very different and, like vinyl, a larger and more involved experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks