What's new
World Wide Stereo

HK525/Panasonic RP82/DVD Audio problem (1 Viewer)

altan

Stunt Coordinator
As hard as I try, I cannot get DVD Audio to work with my setup. I have a

- HK 525 receiver
- Panasonic RP82 DVD player

The audio is connected between these two using a toslink cable.

I'm using "The Blue Man Group" DVD Audio disc (it's the only one I have). I place the disc into the player such that "DVD Audio" is display on my viewing source (one side displays "DVD Video", the other side displays "DVD Audio").

The Panasonic DVD player states the audio is 96/24 6 channel. However, I get the fake Logic 7 modes activated on my HK 525. I use the term "fake" because I believe Logic 7 is for stereo sources (am I wrong?)... It looks to me like the HK 525 thinks the audio source is stereo.

Any help to get real multichannel DVD audio working in this setup is greatly appreciated.

FWIW, Dolby Digital and DTS work great in my setup... it's just DVD Audio that is giving me a problem.

Thanks...

... Altan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

altan

Stunt Coordinator
Wow... that answer makes my quesiton sound pretty dumb. Oh well. However, I'm really surprised that using the analog connectors is required for DVD-A.

Do you know what's the benifit or reason for that? Isn't there enough bandwidth in the toslink to send 6 channels of dvd audio?

Thanks for the help!

... Altan

Topher5000

Auditioning
I bet the real reason for having to use the 6-channel output is the recording industry worrying about being able to copy a digital signal.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
can you not make an exact disc copy of a SACD/DVDA disc if you had a DVD burner?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks