What's new
World Wide Stereo

HK AVR 335 vs. 525 (1 Viewer)

Telalun

Grip
I ordered a 335 from an onlnie store and it was damaged in shipping. I have gotten my refund now I am shopping again and came across the HK 525 for just a little more $$$ than the 335. Other than the power what are the advantages of one over the other? I am pretty well set on staying with HK as I like the weight of them and also the warm sound the provide with my JBL's.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Of the two I'd get the 525. It has more power, bass management for the 7.1 inputs like SACD or DVD-Audio, A backlit learning remote, and weighs 13lbs more mostly due to a beefier power supply.

The only advantages of the 335 is that it has 3 optical and coaxial digital inputs on the back while the 525 has two, and it has Dolby PL IIx while the 525 has only Dolby PL II.

The difference in appearance is up to you.

I'd get the 435 over both of them though because of the newer Ti chipset and room equalization features.

Telalun

Grip
Thank you. I would deffinately pickup the 435 if I had the extra money, alas my budget is stretched getting the 525. I was leaning that way due to the reasons you mentioned but wasn't sure if anyone had any bad feedback about the 525 I was not getting from the review sites.

Thanks again for the responce.
Tel

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
If you have a flat panel type TV, you might want the 335 because it has the audio sync feature. If not, I think the 525 is better.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
It really depends on what is important to you. I own the 525 and I love it! It has two (!) transformers. One for the front channels and one for the rear. It sounds really good. The only thing that I would like the have on it would be PL2x instead of PL2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks