What's new

Hitachi 60VS810 vs. 57F510 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Barrow

Agent
Evening folks, I'm at a bit of an impass, I think I have a favorite here but would like some opinons see if there is anything I may not be considering.

Between these 2 sets, does anyone have any major pro's or Con's either way if you take price and weight out of the equation?

I have been considering the samsung Pedestal also but I'm really nervous about DLP and my ability to see the rainbow effect, so I'm back to CRT / LCD

Any opinons or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has had either calibrated, please pipe up as I will be having that done after 100+ hours or so.

thanks!

Cec

Auditioning
STEVE, I JUST BOUGHT THE 57F510 ON JAN 22/05. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH IT. THOUGH I CAN'T COMPARE IT TO THE 60VS810, I'M SURE THAT IF IT'S HITACHI IT'S A GREAT PRODUCT WITH GREAT VALUE AND PICTURE QUALITY. I HAVE BASICALLY NO EXPERIENCE WITH RRTV'S BUT KNEW I WANTED SOMETHING QUALITY. I FOUND HITACHI TO CONSISTANTLY LOOK THE BEST FROM SHOWROOM TO SHOWROOM. THOUGH I'M SURE ALL TV'S ARE ADJUSTED TO THE MAX IN STORES.
I WILL BE INVESTING IN "AVIA" AND/OR "VIDEO ESSENTIALS" TO HELP ME WITH D.I.Y. CALIBRATIONS.
CONSUMER REPORTS HAS A REPORT ON 27,000 RPTV'S. HITACHI RATES SECOND ONLY TO MITSUBISHI IN REPAIR HISTORY.

MikeCocc

Agent
Cec,

Please refrain from posting using all capital letters. When you put something in Caps it means ( In the internet world ) that you are shouting.

Thanks,
Mike

:D

Miles M

Agent
Well, with price out of the equation I'd take the 60VS810 hands down, no contest. LCD technology so no worries about burn in and the picture is unbelievable imo. Additionally, it has a built in digital tuner and CableCARD capability that the F510 doesn't have. Plus it has 2 HDMI inputs where I think the F510 only has 1.

Steve_Barrow

Agent
well thanks guys, thought I'd pop in and let you know I went with the 60VS810 and am extremely happy!. in low light you really see it's weakness of not great blacks but other than that it's a stunner!

thanks for the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks