1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Hitachi 43UWX has the "blues"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christo, May 13, 2002.

1. Christo

Christo Agent

I'm loving my new 43UWX, but I am seeing some blue convergence issues around bright whites on dark backrounds (for instance, someone wearing a suit with a white shirt & a black jacket) and also with white lettering (I can see it in the Menu even). My wife doesn't notice it, but I can see it. Am I being anal, or is there something I can do to easily fix it?

Thanks

Christo

2. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I noticed the same problem with my 43UWX on the far left side. The blue seemed to be slightly off, but was only noticeable against a much lighter color. BTW, my wife did not notice it either. I had to freeze frame a DVD, walk up to the set and point to area in question. Her reaction was "THAT, you can see THAT! You are too picky!"
    I tried the "Magic Focus" but that did not eliminate the problem. There is a section called "Hitachi Tweaks" at the Home Theater Spot that covers manual convergence of the Hitachi sets. After doing the manual convergence the image is much better. If I get really close to the set (within a foot or two) I can still see a bit of blue, but at our normal distance it looks fine. This convergence, along with a quick Video Essentials calibration, should hold me over until I have an ISF Tech over to do things right!
    Here is the link to the Hitachi convergence post:
    Hitachi Convergence
    It worked well for me, your results may vary however!

3. Christo

Christo Agent

Thanks Dennis

I have been frequenting the Hitchi "spot" and I have gone into the convergence grid and everything looks OK I guess. But then again I'm really not sure what I am looking for. When I move the conv. points and go extreme left or right/up or down the dotted color line bends out. I put it back under the white line and it's all good. I haven't saved anything to ROM while I've been in there yet. I don't want to screw things up.

Christo