What's new

Hilarious, a Halo physics experiment! (1 Viewer)

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
This might be old news to most of you, but everyone should see this.
Download .mov video
While these guys definitely had a tad too much time on their hands ;) the video is simply amazing.
I almost spit apple juice on my monitor, when i realized what they are doing.
Not only is the stuff hilarious that they are doing, but the presentation with the overlayed music and quotes is simply brilliant.
:D
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
That is just superb!

Strangely, I seem to have developed a sudden urge to buy Halo: Combat Evolved, despite my previous poo-poohing of the X-Box as well...

Dan B

Screenwriter
Wow, that is probably the best videogame movie I've ever seen. I guess I'll have to fire up the Warthog tonight, so to speak. :D
This is a must download if you have ever played Halo!
-Dan

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
grrrrrr. link doesn't seem to be working anymore. any mirrors?
edit- he just changed the name of the file so that direct link doesn't work anymore. Try this:
http://www.oz.net/~rglass/warthog/
Check the mirrors.html to get the high-res version.
---------------------------
OH MY! Best videogame movie ever, agreed. Combination of creative gameplayers and talented editors. Perfecto!! :)

Ike

Screenwriter
That's my favorite level (Silent Cartographer) I too need to fire ol' Halo back up and try this. I wonder if you could do this with turrets in the snow level (don't remember the name, I hated the level, it was hard!)

Great movie!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
HAHA!!

That was funny.

I'm gonna have to try this and see if I can get the 6,570 degree turn!

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Oh... That rocked! :)
My friend and I just finished Halo, normal difficulty, cooperative mode last weekend... What an awesome game...

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Hillarious. This guy must have spent DAYS getting some of those scenes cut. People's creativity never ceases to amaze me!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Seriously, though... :crazy:
Both links crash my computer. Is it too much to offer up a short description?
Thanks
Joseph

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Joseph,

It's basically a compilation of the main character blowing away the Warthog with a grenade. It's the beach scene and the guy has his Warthog parked over a bunch of grenades. Anyways, he throws one of his own grenades onto the pile and sends the Warthog and several Marines flying a mile high. There are several times he's blasting the Marines as they soar... oh yeah, he's got a bunch of cool music playing that has to do with flying (ie. Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly). My description doesn't do it justice, it's very funny and has much more than I can describe.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Thanks! Perhaps it's better I don't see it firsthand, lest I be tempted (yet again) to get a Box just for this title.
When I played Halo, the Warthog physics seemed a bit 'loose' at first. But once I learned how to control the thing, I found the physics extremely satisfying and added to the enjoyment of the game.
:)
Joseph

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Its great to see that the physics have been modelled so well, and its actually the video thats impressed me about Halo more than any other.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
That kicks ass. It must have taken days to practice.

Anyone know if there's a high-res version of the video? I need to throw that on CD.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Downloading now. Warthogs are fun-especially playing co-op. On Silent Cartographer, we actually got one of them underground with us. There's a point where the hallway actually looks too narrow, but you can do it if you line one jeep up, and use another to bash it in. Makes the level REALLY fun (running over Hunters...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks