What's new

Help with Spectra Plus? (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I'm fooling around with spectra plus and a RadioShak SPL meter, and while I'm getting output through the speakers for whatever is inputted into the SPL meter, nothing shows up on the display.
What setting do you guys usually have the spl meter on? What am I doing wrong? Somehow Spectra is not getting the info -I tried recording and playing back, no luck there either.
The only suspect thing I'm doing is using a Stereo 1/8" jack to dual RCA and of course only plugging in one of the RCA end into the SPL meter (no Y cords kicking around just yet)... so one channel output, but it does plays through the appropriate speaker.
Anything you can do to help would be appreciated...
Thanks,
Chris

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Are you plugging the RCA cable from the SPL into the right channel (usually white colored) input on the adapter? As a test, you could set SpectraPlus to display both channels (in the Settings menu under Options) to see if there's input on either one.
Also, check under Options-->Device to be sure you've got your soundcard's wave input selected as the device input. Finally, double-check the source (probably called Line In) selected for recording in Window's audio properties (the little speaker icon in the system tray) and also that it's level is set appropriately.
Steve
------------------

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Also, make sure the line in is not muted in your soundcard mixer.
Pete
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks