What's new

Finished my Shiva in an EBS enclosure last night (1 Viewer)

All I have to say is WOW. It is so loud and clean, and even impressed my girlfriend, who was skeptical from the beginning. We have a pretty small living room right now, so it is turned down really low, but even like that we felt like the T-Rex in Jurrasic park was right outside. It shook the whole damn house. She even said "Too bad we won't be able to use its whole potential." The thing is monstrous, and has plenty of power to spare. I think I threw my back out bringing it up from the garage. I will try to post some pics of it soon.
Also, I want to measure my in room response, because I'm pretty sure I have peaks and nulls. I have a RS SPL meter and I will get the Spectra Plus software, but what will I need to go fromt he meter to my computer? What exactly do I do to measure the response? Do I measure from my listening position, or 1 meter from the sub? Thanks for your help.
Blake
------------------

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Glad to hear that you like it Blake!
"Too bad we won't be able to use its whole potential." Ya right, wait until she is not home then crank it. :) You might find yourself asking her to run a few more errands than before.
wink.gif

I'm not sure about the software, but to measure the response you will need a way to generate test tones. Play these tones and measure each one. I like to measure nearfield (mic placed very close to the woofer), at 1 meter, and also at listening position.
BTW, don't forget to add in the corrective numbers to make up for the spl meter roll off.
------------------Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Kyle,
She only said that because we have to listen to it turned way down, or we would break every window in the house! She likes it and doesn't mind the huge box sitting in the corner. I even told her she could put some plants on top, as long as they don't leak. Anyways, what do I need to hook my meter up to my computer? What cord specifically do I need?
------------------

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
you need an rca male on the rat shack side to whatever input plug that matches the input on your soundcard. and most soundcards use 1/8" stereo mini plugs.
------------------
*why build one when you can build two for twice the price*
jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks