Help with reciever placement - Onkyo 595

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Tressler, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Jim Tressler

Jim Tressler Stunt Coordinator

Thank you to all the members of the forum who gave me some great advice.. After a long process of reading and hands on.. I have decided to get the Onkyo 595 and the Polk audio RM 6600. My next question deals with the placement of the Onkyo.. my entertainment center is 17 3/4" inches wide, the 595 is 17" wide.. that does not leave much room on the side. However, there are no vent hole on the sides of the reciever.. Will I be ok in placing the reciver in that area? There is about 5 inches of clearence on the top.
    thanks!
    Jim
    Damn gald to be joining the world of Home Theater [​IMG]

2. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

As long as there is air flow on the top, you should have no problems placing it in your entertainment center. I would not worry about it being close on the sides.

Nick L

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I have the 595 and my shelf is similarly tight on the sides. I have 1.5 to 2 inches at the top and the receiver barely gets warm to the touch. I haven't really, really pushed it for a long period of time, but I think you'll be fine as long as you leave some room above it.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

as long as there is clearance on top, you'll be fine. i think 5 inches should be plenty.
    just don't get in the habit of sticking jewel cases, dvd's, magazines or anything else on top...
    [​IMG]