What's new

Help with JVC XV-N50 (1 Viewer)

JoeRiley

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I just purchased this dvd player due to all the good reviews at this board lately.

But for some reason, while watching Jason X, the player processes it as a progressive 'video' signal instead of 'film'. This causes a slight blur durring certain scenes, and just doesn't feel right.

For example, durring dialogue scenes, people's mouths don't seem to move at exactly the right speed (Seem a little slow). Similar problems when a camera pans, etc.

All my player settings are correct, I believe. I have it set for a 16x9 TV, and the player auto detects "film" or "video" sources. I've tried manually selecting "film" as a source, but this causes pixelated areas durring movement (looks like big scan-lines).

Other movies such as the "Thing" and "Jason Goes to Hell" are processed as "film" sources, so I don't know why JX would be any different. For the record, I do own other movies other then horror... And I'll go through more movies tonight to see if I notice it anywhere else. ;)

Are there any compatibility issues anybody knows about? Is my player just whacked? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a new Panny Widescreen tv, btw.

Kage

Stunt Coordinator
The problem you have with this DVD player is that it causes jittery movement in some movies. This happened with my XV-N50 that I am going to return. I think this happens to this year's JVC DVD models.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Sounds like Jason X may be one of those DVDs that are improperly flagged. Perhaps it was video edited and hence not correctly setup for 3:2 pulldown.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks