What's new

Help with existing speaker setup (1 Viewer)

Cameron Scott

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron Newberry
Hello! I'm pretty new to audio setups, and I have an existing speaker system already wired through my building, but I don't have a receiver. Basically what I'm looking to do is to be able to stream music from my computer to the receiver and have it play through the speakers, and I've been looking through receivers online, but I'm having trouble finding one that would do what I need. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good receiver that would work for that?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

There is no shortage of receivers these days that have Bluetooth-receiving capabilities. If your computer can “broadcast” Bluetooth (i.e. as a cell phone can), you’re in business.
t.gif

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Cameron Scott

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron Newberry
Hi, thanks for the responses! Sorry I wasn't super clear, as I said, I'm pretty new to this, and am trying to get this set up for a business. What we have is a Nexia CS and a Crest Audio CM2204 4-channel amp with speakers wired through the building (not entirely sure what brand they are). So from what ArmSC said, would it work for me to just get that bluetooth receiver and stream the music that way? Thanks again!

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Cameron Scott said:
So from what ArmSC said, would it work for me to just get that bluetooth receiver and stream the music that way? Thanks again!

Short answer yes it should work. Long answer is you're going to have to see if you have inputs left on the mixer. If you do you'll have to cut and strip the RCA cable from the BT unit to get it into the mixer as it doesn't have RCA inputs. It's doable but it's not just plug and play like a normal home AVR/stereo receiver.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would call a pro audio shop and tell them you need a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth device interfaced to the Nexia.

They'll have it installed/functional in 15 minutes.

Matter of fact...

Depending "how many times" that Nexia is connected to the amp, and how that amp is configured(stereo? 4 channel mono?) you might want more than 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks