What's new

[help] Where to buy "Black Marble Faux Finishing Kit "??? (1 Viewer)

zhenyu y

Auditioning
I am going to build a flexy rack and really like the marble look of Joseph's rack:

(oops, cant post the link)

But I dont know where I can buy the kit!? :-( Anyone have an idea (I am in Cincinnati, OH)? Thanks in advance!!

Zhenyu

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There's no "kit", per se. You just find out what parts you need (and take into account how many shelves you need for your personal setup), and then source the parts locally (or order them online and have them delivered to you, like the nuts/washers from www.mcmaster.com if you have no local source).

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i think he was asking about the finsih, howe to get the look of marble with paint.

I honestly don't think there is a kit for the finish, but there must be a tutorial on line somewhere

zhenyu y

Auditioning
Thanks guys.

I already did my home work at several lowes, homedepot, hobby lobby before my post. Looks like I need do more search. Did anyone happened know a internet store that has this stuff?

Kevin G.

Second Unit
HI just my two cents,

I am an ex painter and now manage a body shop, there is a product made for custom auto finishes that works very well
made by House of Kolors, you start with a dark base coat, then use a metallic (or lighter color)over the base color, then saran wrap over the wet metal flake finish, remove, and clearcoat. The effect is quite remarkable. Obviouisly the steps are a little more detailed. but I'm sure a little easier than a sponge and feather. As well as quite a bit more random in pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks