What's new

Help w/ Kenwood VR 407 (1 Viewer)

BradDavis

Auditioning
I need help with my receiver. I have this receiver hooked up to play Dolby Digital sound and it did that for a long time but now the little indicator light that once read Dolby Digital is now reading Auto Sound Digital and I have no idea what I pushed to make it do that. I recently hooked up an XBox to the receiver and probably pushed a wrong button somehow. I would appreciate it if anyone knew what to do to change this back.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
It sounds like you just changed it from manual mode to auto-detect mode. This is no biggie. In manual mode, the receiver is locked on to the incoming digital signal, either Dolby Digital or DTS. If you try to use analog inputs while in manual mode, you get no sound. In auto mode, the receiver switches automatically between the digital and analog inputs - whichever one has a signal present. Having it in auto mode doesn't hurt anything, but if you want it back the way it was, just scroll to the problem input and push the input mode button until the receiver says "D-Manual" if you are using coax or fiber optic. If you are using the 6-channel inputs from an external decoder, than push the input mode button until the display reads "6-Channel" and everything should be all right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks