What's new

3D Help restore the Golden Age 3D movie 'September Storm' (1 Viewer)

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I think Murray Lerner may have done a 3rd 3-D short, but I never saw it.

According to internet sources, Lerner also did a film called Plan 3-D from Outer Space (1985).

It'd make me very happy indeed if Sea Dream is the unnamed film suggested for the stretch goal.

The September Storm kickstarter is currently at 255 backers $26,197, so whatever the bonus material is, there's already a nice $1,197 headstart on the funding.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
According to internet sources, Lerner also did a film called Plan 3-D from Outer Space (1985).

It'd make me very happy indeed if Sea Dream is the unnamed film suggested for the stretch goal.

The September Storm kickstarter is currently at 255 backers $26,197, so whatever the bonus material is, there's already a nice $1,197 headstart on the funding.

And a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. I found this portion of an interview online from a book by Ray Zone:

https://books.google.com/books?id=L...v=onepage&q=Plan 3-D from Outer Space&f=false

Might have to purchase that book.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Might have to purchase that book.

Strike the word "might" from that sentence. :) Just as soon as you find yourself able, you should get that book-- but not before you obtain 3-D Revolution, in my view the very best of Ray's output.

I am forever grateful that in the last conversation I had with Ray, about two weeks before his sudden passing, I was able to tell him how much I appreciate his books. Even in that moment, I regretted very much that I only had 3-D Revolution on my Kindle, and was not able to have it signed by Ray. (If I had stopped to think about it, I suppose I could have had him type a personal note into my Kindle edition-- after all, I did have it with me-- but the thought never crossed my mind.)

Some months later, I was rifling through my copy of 3-D Filmmakers, the one with the Lerner interview. Come to find out, at some point in the dimly remembered past, Ray had signed it for me, adding a lovely personal note! I am so grateful for that. Ray Zone was really a dynamite person, and I sure miss him.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Strike the word "might" from that sentence. :) Just as soon as you find yourself able, you should get that book-- but not before you obtain 3-D Revolution, in my view the very best of Ray's output.

I am forever grateful that in the last conversation I had with Ray, about two weeks before his sudden passing, I was able to tell him how much I appreciate his books. Even in that moment, I regretted very much that I only had 3-D Revolution on my Kindle, and was not able to have it signed by Ray. (If I had stopped to think about it, I suppose I could have had him type a personal note into my Kindle edition-- after all, I did have it with me-- but the thought never crossed my mind.)

Some months later, I was rifling through my copy of 3-D Filmmakers, the one with the Lerner interview. Come to find out, at some point in the dimly remembered past, Ray had signed it for me, adding a lovely personal note! I am so grateful for that. Ray Zone was really a dynamite person, and I sure miss him.

That one I do have! I had the pleasure of meeting Ray Zone at the 2nd 3-D Film Expo. He was part of a little discussion between films and I just nosed my way in and listened.

The only sad thing about the expo is who we've lost since. It was a dream come true for me.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan

I just purchased 3-D Filmmakers recently on ebay. My first Ray Zone book. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I see that the "Sea Dream" poster mentions Space Vision. Is this the system invented by the ingenious Colonel Bernier or just a bit of adspeak?

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Yes indeed, one of the best systems. There's more information here: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/The-Bubble

Thanks, good to know. I read the article ages ago but forgot about the later Space Vision outings. People told that me my memory would be the second thing to go but I'll be damned if I can remember what the first one was.
I eagerly await "Sea Dream" but I think I'll give "A*P*E*" as miss. Having watched the unspeakably bad 2D version, nothing would induce me to watch it again.
It's a shame that, with the exception of a few animated movies, none of the modern live action features can match the quality of the 3D offered by Space Vision.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was just checking the Kickstarter site and I noticed that it has 272 backers. I find it pretty amazing (in a good way!) that all it took was 272 people to finance saving this movie. It's a really inspiring thing for a film fan. I don't have limitless resources but I'd be happy to contribute similar donations to similar projects in the future - I could pull it off a few times a year. I'm hopefully not alone in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks