What's new

3D Help restore the Golden Age 3D movie 'September Storm' (1 Viewer)

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I increased my initial contribution by an additional $100 last night.

Glad to see people are reaching out to their friends and wider network of acquaintances. If we could get a lot of smaller donations from the casually interested, it'd really start to add up. As of now 2 days in, it's listed as 14% funded at $3515. Someone just pledged another $10 while I was watching.

Kiwitutor

Agent
Real Name
Peter
I thought this Kickstarter might get a mention on the 3-D Film Archive website and/or their Facebook page. Nothing there that I can see - this is a wasted opportunity for more publicity.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
RAH, for a project with vinegar syndrome, what would a reasonable budget be? Could you give us some idea in terms of:
A) 1080p master for Blu-ray;
B) 2K DCP and Blu-Ray master;
C) Full blown 4K restoration, including preservation elements output to film and all of the above?
I don't know if you've been following Dave Strohmaier's most recent work on the Cinerama travelogues, but he's obtained some impressive looking results with off the shelf software. I don't know what Bob and Greg have in mind for this project.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I increased my initial contribution by an additional $100 last night.

Glad to see people are reaching out to their friends and wider network of acquaintances. If we could get a lot of smaller donations from the casually interested, it'd really start to add up. As of now 2 days in, it's listed as 14% funded at $3515. Someone just pledged another $10 while I was watching.

$6069 and 62 backers.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thank you SO much to everyone for your interest, support and confidence in our ability to restore this lost 3-D film.

I remember when we were told that GOG could not be restored for less than $50K. Then a top post-production facility in LA did tests and determined there was no possible way to restore color to the left side. They walked away from it and gave up.

The 3-D Blu-ray of GOG is proof of what we can achieve with a very limited budget.

Also, be sure to check the daily updates. We've just posted an extremely rare TV spot for the original 3-D release!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rm-1960-3-d-digital-feature-film-rest/updates

Last edited:

Kiwitutor

Agent
Real Name
Peter
I can't help but think that there must be someone out there from the film industry who could finance this entire project in a heartbeat. A famous director, actor or anyone really that has a longing, or even just a passing interest, in preserving a part of cinema's history. If only I had Sir Peter Jackson's phone number...

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
RAH, for a project with vinegar syndrome, what would a reasonable budget be? Could you give us some idea in terms of:
A) 1080p master for Blu-ray;
B) 2K DCP and Blu-Ray master;
C) Full blown 4K restoration, including preservation elements output to film and all of the above?
I don't know if you've been following Dave Strohmaier's most recent work on the Cinerama travelogues, but he's obtained some impressive looking results with off the shelf software. I don't know what Bob and Greg have in mind for this project.

Sorry, but I'm unaware VS has anything to do with this project. Did I miss something?

If the object desired can be created on the budget, it would be wonderful.

Most of the Cinerama work has been finalized in HD, for budgetary reasons.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
From Kickstarter:
Of the projects that have reached 20% of their funding goal, 81% were successfully funded. Of the projects that have reached 60% of their funding goal, 98% were successfully funded. Projects either make their goal or find little support. There's little in-between.

Right now $8542 or 34%

TV trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks