What's new

Help Placing Cntr ontop of Loewe Aconda (1 Viewer)

David J. White

Auditioning
Does anybody have any ideas about placing an B&W HTM-1 ontop of a 38" loewe aconda?? The aconda slopes back and has very little flat surface, and I don't have space under it or infront...and can't use a wall mount/shelf either....

I will probably need to fabricate a custom wedge shaped platform from MDF or something...but wanted to see if you all had any better ideas or knew of any products outhere that would help me...

thanks
dave w

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I have the 30" Aconda and decided that I would rather have my center channel not on my set. Due to venting and weight issues. I thought of building a stand that would be mounted on the wall behind the set and extend out for placement over the TV. But my TV is about two feet from the front wall. And my center channel weighs about 40lbs. So I decided to place it below the set. I built a stand that elevates and angles up so it give me best balance for calibration and listening.

Have you considered placing it below the Loewe?

David J. White

Auditioning
Darrel,

Thanks. Yes I certainly have considered it, however, I just don't have the room to do so, unfortunately. On top of the set is my only option...

-David

Have you ever seen the Center Channel shelf made by Sanus Systems? It won't work for all TV's but it should work on most. And a little modding might help if you have a really weird monitor. I tried to post a link but the system said I don't have enough posts yet, sorry....

David J. White

Auditioning
You mean this one...yes, I just found it today. For $25 I'll try it.

[Site won't let me post URL]

Lovan also makes one called the "Adjustable Center Director"

As seem here
[Site won't let me post URL]

which is twice the price but looks much sturdier. I have some of the Sanus EuroFab rack stuff, though and LOVE it. Its VERY solid and nice construction for the $$...

Thanks
Dave w

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
This might be too off the wall, but I have seen a "hanging" center channel (ala the old Bose 901s) that sounded pretty good! Same situation as yours where TV had sloping top...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks