What's new

AVS-200 sat speaker -- need mounting bracket for wall (1 Viewer)

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
Hey folks.

Apologies in advance for the "help me!" plea -- I searched the archives and found nothing on this, and went hunting at our sales partner website Home Theater Marketplace.

My HT setup includes a pair of Mirage AVS-200 rear satellite speakers. At my last apartment, I had them set up on furniture that was bookending my couch, but I moved a couple weeks ago and now am at a new place where the old setup isn't going to work. I need to mount them on the side walls now, but unfortunately I can't seem to locate any mounting brackets that will work with these particular speakers.

The speakers have a keyhole-type holder at the top and a rectangle-shaped area at the bottom with four holes at the corner, where it looks like a bracket could be mounted. I can't even take pictures of the buggers because my camera is in the shop, but Mirage does have an online brochure for the AVS-200s that you can see here:

http://miragespeakers.com/PDFs/class...00brochure.pdf

The brochure shows a pic of the rear (including the top "keyhole"), but not the rectangular pseudo-bracket mount at the bottom (it would be about where the address appears on the back of the speaker in the brochure).

Does anybody have suggestions on getting these things mounted properly? I'd rather not drill holes in them if I don't have to and I'd rather not build a mini-shelf to mount the speakers if I don't have to.

Thanks for any ideas. :)

[[edit: I forgot to mention that the Mirage website doesn't sell accessories directly, these speakers have been discontinued, and the local "affiliate" store, Best Buy's Magnolia Home Theater, was no help]].

cheers,
Phil

said7

Auditioning
Real Name
Cedric
go to home depot and get some 30 pound drywall anchors mount a screw and clip. Cost you about 3 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks