What's new

Help! Pioneer VSX-47TX Remote memory problem! (1 Viewer)

Jon_Jankiss

Auditioning
Hi Everyone. I'm new here, but I checked the FAQ and did a few searches and still couldn't find the answer to this, so here goes:

I just got the Pioneer VSX-47TX (and I love it), and surprisingly, I absolutley love the remote as well. It's the first one I've ever had that truly has taken place of ALL of my other remotes-including Tivo, which is a tough one to emulate. I had already completed teaching the remote the Tivo, CD player, TV, and DVD player functions--all I had to do was to change the display readout of the new functions. As I was finishing up my last device, the DVD player, I got a "memory full" error. Now,...I don't have a VCR, a DVD-R, a 2nd DVD, etc.--in short, I'm nowhere NEAR the point of utilizing all of the devices the remote can control, yet I'm already out of memory??
Does anyone have any advice on this issue??/ Anything would be much appreciated at this point.

Thanks again,

Jon

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Pioneer should have some codes available for some of your devices. You shouldn't have to "learn" all of them with your remote. Learning is what takes the most memory and remotes such as the OneForAll only have a limit of 25 or so "learned" functions. It sounds like the Pioneer remote has a similar limitation. Just check through your documentation and see if there's codes for your DVD player and other devices. You will need to learn some of the buttons - but not all of them.

Cesar

Grip
I had the same problem w/ the remote. If you take a look at the manual on page 65, one of the small notes says that you have may have to put the remotes closer together when learning. I did that and everything worked. Unfortunately, nothing references the error message, which isn't too distinctive anyways.

I gave up on the remote because it wasn't "just right" for my Sony SAT-T60 DirecTV/Tivo. I ended up getting the URC6131 for $20 which has the Tivo buttons already. Definitely a subjective thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks