What's new

HELP - Onkyo DS500 won't play LFE channel (1 Viewer)

I recently finished my new kick ass surround sound system. I purchased the Onkyo DS500 new and everything seems to be fine, except for the LFE channel of 5.1
When I select Mode 3 (play LFE channel) for the sub on the reciever I get no sound from my sub. When I switch back to Mode 1 (play bass from all 5 speakers) it plays. I can tell that I'm missing out on the lows that should be sent to the LFE durring crashes and explosions on my DVDs as the bass part gets lost. I have tried changing cables and get the same result. Thanks for your help, this is my last resort before calling onkyo.

Mike

ChristopherBer

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried to using Mode 2? In Mode 1 it takes the bass and places them on the satellites. The subwoofer two mode will place all bass on your subwoofer.

the problem is that the very low bass is in the LFE track of a 5.1 input, and that is played through mode 3 in the reciever. When its in mode 3 however the sub plays nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks