HELP - Onkyo DS500 won't play LFE channel

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Trueblood, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Mike Trueblood

I recently finished my new kick ass surround sound system. I purchased the Onkyo DS500 new and everything seems to be fine, except for the LFE channel of 5.1
    When I select Mode 3 (play LFE channel) for the sub on the reciever I get no sound from my sub. When I switch back to Mode 1 (play bass from all 5 speakers) it plays. I can tell that I'm missing out on the lows that should be sent to the LFE durring crashes and explosions on my DVDs as the bass part gets lost. I have tried changing cables and get the same result. Thanks for your help, this is my last resort before calling onkyo.

Mike

2. ChristopherBer

ChristopherBer Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried to using Mode 2? In Mode 1 it takes the bass and places them on the satellites. The subwoofer two mode will place all bass on your subwoofer.

3. Mike Trueblood

the problem is that the very low bass is in the LFE track of a 5.1 input, and that is played through mode 3 in the reciever. When its in mode 3 however the sub plays nothing.

4. ChristopherBer

ChristopherBer Stunt Coordinator

Check your subwoofer it is likely the cause of this.

5. Mike Trueblood

ChristopherBer,

Please explain. The sub plays fine in all other modes.