What's new

Help Needed...Recording Web Radio Prorgram (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey all,

A Radio show that used to be on in the afternoon here in NY, moved to another state and is now on in the morning, directly across from my local morning show. I tape the morning s how here, but I miss the morning show across the country because of it.

Is there any way I can record audio coming out of a Win Amp Program(Since they broadcast live over the internet?) and port it to the VCR for easy recording? Or is this not possible?

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Are you just recording audio? If so, just use any audio capture program (plenty of free ones at http://www.download.com). If you're running XP, there's a slide in your recording mixer that is titled "Wav Out Mix". I've even seen it labled "What You Hear"...I think it depends on your soundcard and software, but select that slide (it's usually on the right side) and record with your capture software while you're streaming the radio program.
Then you can do what you wish...burn to CD being the easiest.

Jonny K

Second Unit
Winamp has a "disk writing" plugin. Just enable that as your output plugin when using the stream. You probably won't be able to hear it (or maybe you will, not sure), but it'll write the stream to the disk in real time. I haven't used this feature for a while, but I do remember it...

Jonny K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks