What's new

Help needed: connecting component cable to projector (1 Viewer)

HenkD

Auditioning
I want to connect my progressive scan DVD via component cable to an Optoma projector. The Optoma has a VGA input and an input referred to in the manual as M1-A. The latter looks almost like a parallel port connection on computers. Question: can the VGA input be used to get all the benefits of the progressive scan DVD? Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Henk, questions regarding front projectors are rarely in the domain of beginners. I think you'll get better response here. Good luck.

HenkD

Auditioning
Sorry Jack -just realised that you moved my post to Display Devices. Many thanks.

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Yes you can use your component progressive output to connect to your your VGA projector. All you need is an adapter. I purchased one from provantage.com for $8 including shipping. There are other adapters and methods that will perform the same function but this adapter is specifically designed for this purpose.

HenkD

Auditioning
Thanks Mike. If I understand you correctly, then the projector VGA input does accept a progressive scan signal from the DVD. Apparently one can have a cable made up (I need 12 metres) with RCA connectors one end and a VGA connector on the other. That would be first prize I guess, eliminating additional adapters and possible signal loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks