What's new

Help !! Need Subset Up Advice ! (1 Viewer)

Brent Tichenor

Auditioning
I have the Klipsch Quintet speaker system and Pioneer's VSX-608 reciever. The Pioneer has 3 crossover settings,100Hz,150Hz,and 200Hz.The sub is hooked up to the subwoofer pre-out jack on the reciever. Pioneer recommends that the reciever be set at 200Hz if small speakers are used.Where does the sub's low pass setting going to be set? Klipsch KSW-10 subwoofer low pass crossover is 40-120Hz.Any help would be apprecited.Thanks.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Um, this one isn't cut and dry. Not sure what you can do. Those Klipsch speakers are gonna take a major nose dive in output well before 100hz. And I don't think you can defeat the KSW10's crossover. So if you set the receivers crossover to 150hz or 200hz (both are really higher than should be used, but necessary given your speakers) the sub will attenuated anything it receivers from 120hz and up.

But if you set the crossover to 100hz, the sub won't attenuate anything any more, but the dive the Quintets will take will leave a hole in the response anyways.

I think your best bet is to set the KSW10 to 120hz and the reciever crossover to 150hz (all speakers small). I think that will compromise the response the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks