Help! My new Pioneer 1014 keeps shutting off!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by john_FE, Oct 19, 2004.

1. john_FE

john_FE Stunt Coordinator

I am not having a good HT day. Half my swans get here today and they were left outside in the rain by fed ex.

I go to turn my new 1014 on and everytime I turn the volume up the receiver turns off.

I have a PS2 as my DVD which is connected via optical cable. I get to about -20 to -1 and it turns right off. I have had a receiver on this outlet before. The impedence of the receiver is set to 8 ohms

I have disconnected all speakers. I also disconnected the CD and tape player. All thats left is the optical cable from the ps2 which is playing a DVD. If the DVD isnt playing, the unit stays on. If its playing then the thing pops speakers or not. I have also ran another cord just to check the outlet.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. john_FE

I have now removed the optical cable and tried RCA's. I have tried a different set of inputs. I switched the connections from tv/sat to dvd just to make sure it wasnt the inputs. I cant figure this out. So basically nothing is connected but an audio signal.

3. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

Just go and exchange the receiver.

Not related but ... did the speakers get wet (or just the boxes)?

4. john_FE

They dont look wet but it had stopped raining by the time I got home. They were packed so well I am optimistic nothing happened to them. If I could hook them up...