What's new

Help me identify an old DOS game. (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
My friend (the person that took me out of the stone age of an apple II GS into the PC world) had a game on his computer that I have been trying for the last 4 years or so to identify and I cannot remember the name of the game. I will give you what information I have, and hopefully you will be able to help me out.

The time period was about 1995. The game was for a PC, and we had some problem getting the game to work with a sound card and I thought we called Virgin or Sierra, but that could have been related to something else. The game was a myst style game but much older and much simpler. You walked through a scene and sometimes there was more than one way out of the scene. You could pick up items in each scene and the screen would have to change each time you walked off the edge of the scene (I think). You were some kind of woodsy character, and the part I remember where we got stuck and never beat the game had something to do with an evil Jester in cave that kept killing us because we didnt have the right item to beat him/satisfy him etc.

Oh, the game also might have had a "k" in the title, but I could be mis-remembering there too.

Any ideas?

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
If you had said 1985, I would have said, "King's Quest". There were many sequels and derivatives. Great games.

Martin.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Looking at screen shots from some of the Kings Quest games, it just doesnt look right. The only other thing I can rememeber is that I think the main character lives inside a tree house of sorts. I actually think he had the game in 1995 because I think we were sophomores in high school, whic means it came out 1995 or earlier, but I would think that 1985 would be a bit too old.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Ah ha ha, now come up with a hard one ;).

That is undoubtedly Virgin's Legend of Kyrandia. Which featured Brandon the kinda-doltish-guy versus Malcom the insane court jester.

Cute little series but it was absolute dreck by the third installment. I think the second one is definitely my favorite.

Thanks for the memories Charles. I seriously love to reminisce about all the adventure games I played. Which was a ton :p).

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Mark!!!!! You rock!!!!! You seriously have no idea how much it means to me to be able to identify the game. Nostalgia is very powerful. I cannot wait to contact my friend. We have talked about that game MANY times over the last 4-5 years and how we wish we know what it was and wish we would have beat it. I really cant thank you enought.

SWEET!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks