Help me find a good price LOCALLY!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matty B, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Matty B

Matty B Stunt Coordinator

Im in the market for a new reciever, and ideally I'd like to buy one TODAY, but the local stores charge SO much more than their internet competition it's a joke. IE:
    I want to get a Marantz SR-6200.
    Online price is $529.
    Local price is $700. (Which is the MSRP).
    I asked the guy if he could go any lower, figuring that I was easily willing to pay the cost of shipping over what I would pay online, but the local dealer still wouldn't budge, so they are FORCING me to buy online basically, or waste $150 (I'm not getting good service, and they aren't knowledgeable, so basically it's just money in their pocket).
    Is there ANYTHING you can think of I can use as leverage to get his price down? I would willingly pay $600 for the reciever.

2. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Make them an offer of $600. If they're not willing to sell at that price then buy it online and pocket the extra money. Unfortunately (I think) the only authorized online Marantz dealer is HiFi.com and they're also charging $699.99 for the SR6200. If I recall correctly, Marantz is pretty strick about warranties.

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Matty,
    I was once stuck on Marantz, but then I descovered Dennon and IMO Dennon blows Marantz out of the water.Plus I use to work at a A/V shop that carried Marantz and we stoped carrying Marantz because they gave us so much of a hasle when it came to returns of any kind. I would try Dennon before going with Marantz. Dennon has a very good rep for custumer service.
    Eric

4. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

oh ya, go to either Marantz.com or denon.com and look under "dealer finder".It should tell you who sells them near you.

5. John.W

John.W Agent

Did you happen to mention the online price to the local retail shop? If not You might want to. Hell I have a local shop bidding on Bass Shakers on Ubid after my visit.

6. Matty B

Matty B Stunt Coordinator

What is a comparable Denon model to the Marantz SR-6200 in the 5-600 dollar range? I need a reciever that has:
    DPL II
    DTS 6.1-ES
    Over 100 watts/channel
    That's about all I require. Im not going to lie, while I DO care about sound quality, I also want this thing to be loud (yet clean. Im going to buy an SVS sub)

7. Dale_S

Dale_S Stunt Coordinator