What's new

Help me choose a Prepro...EAD, Aragon, Acurus and others (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
Well guys, I am running ads on both processors right now and which ever sells first will go and I will keep the opposite. I really like the Stage One from all I have read. I spoke with Aragon extensively on the phone and they assured me the preamp sections of the units are the same. I asked about the weight difference (39lbs for the Soundstage and 27lbs for the Stage One) guessing the Soundstage may have better power supplies and guts but they assure me they are the same. The weight difference comes from the chasis and the balanced module. The Soundstage is a 19" width and the Stage One is 17". If I somehow sell both I do not know what I would do.

CarltonCobb

Auditioning
Eric,
Can you contact me in private at [email protected]? I am interested but not sure which way I want to go and wish to pick your brain a bit.

The original MFR box is important to me; ie, it is a show stopper. I won't buy anything this expensive without the correct box and packing materials from the factory. I assume Aragon can supply this stuff if you do not have it?

I am very wary of buying anything due to the obsolescence factor. I paid a ton of money, like a lot of people, for my Parasound PSP 1500 when it was a Stereophile recommended component. I just barely got out of that thing for close to 500 and was damn lucky!

Regards,
Carl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks