What's new

Help! Laserdisc player died (1 Viewer)

Greg Foan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
After playing 2.99 movies my CLD-S201 it has crapped out. I was watching the last 2 minutes of "The Client", when it suddenly began playing in extreme fast forward through the balance of the movie & credits to the end of the disc. It now seems to be unable to see read any disc, LD or CD, that I put in it. It goes through the motions, but then displays "no disc".
Prior to this it had played flawlessly, great picture and sound......anyone have an idea what may be wrong? I don't want to waste a lot of $$$ on this machine, but would fix it if it's likely to be a minor problem. I've only had it for 2 days.....gives me a bad taste regarding laserdisc players:frowning:
Greg

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard of this type of problem with an LD player.

If the estimated cost of repairs are too high, I could sell you a Pioneer CLD-D701 for $125.00 plus shipping from Thunder Bay, ON. I also have 20 or so popular LD's. I have to make room for a RPTV so I have this and some other items I have to part with in the near future. Drop me an email or pm if you are interested.

Wayne

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Greg, it sounds like the laser is either dirty, out of adjustment, or worn out. The player is pretty old, about a 1991 model. It may not be worth fixing...? The 1995 model CLD-S104 might be had for less than the cost of repair...? It's newer with a little better pic than a 201.

It doesn't sound like you got lucky on this player. I hope it was cheap! If you end up needing another player, try something newer. We'll help you find something newer, if you need.

Sorry about your not so good luck! It's atleast possible that the lens just needs cleaning, but that might cost you $40 +?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks