What's new

HELP: Kangol beret in Jackie Brown (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I rewatched Jackie Brown the other night and I couldn't help but notice the slick berets that Ordell (specifically in the part in which he lets go of Beaumont) and Jackie wear. Quentin Tarantino wore one on the set one day as pictured here. I know they are Kangol and I suspect they might be the classic 504 wool cap model but can anyone confirm this? Is there a difference between the one that Pam Grier and QT are wearing in that picture and the one that Ordell wears in the Beaumont scene? Thanks.

(Mods, feel free to move this to the After Hours forum if needed)

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I am, well, was a huge fan of Kangol, not so much anymore. Thanx Quintin/Sam Jackson :angry:

I used to wear Kangol back couple years before Jackie Brown came out. No one had heard of it here in Winnipeg, and that was great becasue I hate wearing whats trendy. They all of a sudden, every time Sam Jackson was in public he had a friggin Kangol hat on, and next thing you know, every one and there dog are wearing them, and I have somehow morphed into a copycat of Sam J. Grrrr, damn you Sam!!!!

Back on topic though, I am fairly certian that they are both the same hat. Looked around breifly at the hats/cloth that were in the movie, and from what I found, they were the same.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry Krystian. What a sad story. Thankfully, they apparently aren't as popular in the good ol' US as they are in Canada. In fact, I can't think of any other place I've seen one besides

A: On Samuel L. Jackson's head
B: On Joey Pants' head
C: In Jackie Brown

I picked one up at the mall the other night and I look forward to many nights of chilling with it. ;) I am so white...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks