What's new

help identifying an "oldie" song (1 Viewer)

Duane R

Second Unit
It comes from the 60's (I think) and it has a couple of lines that go something like this
"and she has stormy eyes..." and later on "everyone knows it's windy (Wendy?)..."
I know it's not much to go on, but I would greatly appreciate any help.
Duane

Duane R

Second Unit
I tried everything but the obvious :b when I was searching for the song name.
Thanks,
Duane

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is so wierd. Windy just started playing on the radio as I opend up this thread.

Rob-Gr

Agent
Glad you guys called that one, I was thinking of Along comes Mary... cant remember if that is the Association or Hermans hermits, well it must be the Association... I think. ah who the hell knows?
rob

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Along Comes Mary (#7 6/25/66)
Cherish (#1 9/3/66)
Pandora's Golden Heebie Jeebies (#35 12/17/66)
Windy (#1 6/3/67)
Never My Love (#2 9/9/67)
Everything That Touches You (#10 2/10/68)
Time For Livin' (#39 6/22/68)

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Rachael

I don't know if you mean that they did a "live" version of Windy, but I don't recall Santana ever doing a studio version of it. Are you sure you're not confusing "Windy" with "Stormy" (the old Classics IV song) which Santana did on their "Inner Secrets" album in 1979.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my all-time favorite groups. I saw them live twice. Their harmonies live were just as good as the studio recordings. I even own 10 of their 11 albums they released. I have a nice import CD of their Association Live album. The new compilation is very nice also, except one of the songs on the first disc was mixed horribbly wrong.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
The Association actually show up on the new Criterion release of "The Complete Monterey Pop Festival".

They do a nice job of "Along Comes Mary" but I can only understand about a third of what the singer is saying.

Oh yeah! I forgot about how out of place they looked on stage with suits on. That was just about the time that a lot of things were changing and they looked a couple of steps behind everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks