What's new

Help, I need some opinions. (1 Viewer)

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
I received my e-mail from Outlaw, so I need to make my decision. Here is my dilema. I currently have (2) Carver 753 Amps, which are 3 x 250 watts each. Would like to eventually have a 7.1 setup. So here are my choices.

1) Get the 950, and look for a used Carver 753 or 500. If I got the 753, I would use the extra 2 channels for Zone 2. Recent posts have me worried about zone 2 apps with the 950. I have my entire first floor wired with inwall speakers(theater in basement), so it is a major concern.

2) Get the HK8000, and pick up a Sig 2.1 form HK (refurbed), and sell my Carvers. Would most likely be about $1,000 of cost after sale of carvers. Benefits, pickup Logic 7 and have plenty of channels for theater and whole house audio. Cons - lose some power, possible concerns on bandwith of component inputs.

3) Get the Sony 5es, and use on Carver 753 for front three, and 5es for (4) surrounds. Use second 753 for whole house and i/b passive subwoofer.

What do you think? Any idea on how the Sig 2.1 would stack up against the 753s? Any opinions would be appreciated. thanks.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
What is your budget for a receiver? What is the max you are willing to spend on a receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks