What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help! How do you manually change the speaker levels on the Denon 1906? (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I just moved and after I did the auto system setup and calibration, the back right seaker was way too low in volume, so the receiver boosted it up to +12db to match the other speakers which are around the 0 and -0, naturally.

Well while cleaning up the speaker wire, I found a connection was loose and as soon as I moved the speaker cable the volume on the back right shot up high, overpowering the rest of the speakers.

While attempting to recalibrate using the auto system setup, the receiver keeps cutting off via the protection circuit, as the test tone volume would probably blow out the speaker since the base volume for the back right is now at least +12db higher than it should be....

Problem is, how am I supposed to bring that channel back to 0 or -1 or so manually so I can get this thing back in balance?!

Anyone know? The manual is no help at all.

All I want to do is lower the volume in a selected speaker so I can rebalance without blowing out the speakers!

Thanks!
Darren:frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
You could reset the microprocessor, as explained on (physical) page 38 of your manual. You'll have to set up the unit from scratch, as all settings are set to the factory defaults. (explained on pages 49 and 50).

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Thanks! It worked. Had to to the auto setup twice, but its perfect now and all the settings are down to 0db or +1/-1db.

Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks