What's new

Help finding Receiver (w/3D) and speakers (1 Viewer)

krish-diehard

Auditioning
Real Name
Nand
Hello Everyone,

I have

1. a Samsung 46" 3D-LED 8000 series TV
  2. Samsung BD-C6900 - 3D Ready Blu-ray Disc Player
  3. Klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers hooked up to the TV

and I am looking forward to build the home-theater system (replace my Klipsch promedia) with mainly Klipsch speakers and a compatible receiver which can deliver the needs of my TV & Blu-ray.

I need guidance from all out here regarding - speaker systems to choose between

1. Klipsch HD Speaker system (eg: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/hd-theater-1000-specifications/)
  2. Klipsch F-1,2,3 Home theater speaker systems (eg: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/f-1-home-theater-system-overview/)

Not sure the difference between the above two..

• is the # 1 the latest one's manufactured to deliver the HD-sound? and
  • what about # 2 the F series.

I am more inclined towards the F series and not sure whether they are HD-compatible or not..

And second I need guidance in choosing a compatible receiver which can connect all the above and also has the 3D capabilities..

The ones that I was able to look at where:

Thank you in advance,

Krish

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Krish:

Welcome to the forum. I took the liberty of editing your thread title, since it was almost an entire post all by itself. Titles should briefly indicate the topic. They really aren't the place for detailed information. (And the type of TV you have isn't a factor in choosing a receiver and speakers, except for the matter of 3D support.)

Re: speakers. There is no such thing as "HD-compatible" speakers. As long as the receiver or player can decode the newer DTS and DD sound formats, any speaker that connects to an audio-video receiver is going to play them. If you generally like the sound of Klipsch speakers then you should be pleased with either of the sets you're looking at. Go listen to both and let your ears and your budget decide which you go with. But you should probably also audition some other brands as well.

Re: receivers. Again, there is no real "compatibility" issue. As long as the connections at both end handle bare speaker wire and/or banana plugs, and the ohms ratings are the same (which they are in this case) you're good to go.

I'm not familiar with the particular receivers you mention, and the last Pioneer receiver I owned was a stereo receiver I picked up used in college, so I can't help much here. I will say that I now own an Onkyo 5.1 receiver, which replaced an older Denon surround system, and I've been very happy with it.

Good luck with your upgrade,

Joe

krish-diehard

Auditioning
Real Name
Nand
Thanks Joe,

Was confused with the above 1. Klipsch HD-speakers, so you mean to say there is nothing like HD-sound.

• Also what is the difference between the floor standing speakers and satellite speakers
  • If the Blu-ray player has 7.1-speaker outlets, then do I still need a receiver.
  • Any advise to look at other than Klipsch for the speaker systems

Once again Thanks Joe

Appreciate your timely replyadvise

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
When Joe said there was no such thing as HD speakers what he meant was that any speaker can deliver the HD sound that your BluRay player and receiver send it. Those two items are what decode and amplify the HD surround fomats found on BluRay discs. Of course, some speakers do a much better job of reproducing that HD sound than others, but speakers are not "HD compatible". Speakers will do the best job they can with whatever signal they are sent.

The biggest difference between towers and satillites is cost (cabinets are very expensive to manufacture) and the way they integrate with the sub woofer. A cross-over set at 80 hz is usually recommended and satillites just can't go that low. Towers, because they go a lot lower than satillites, integrate much better than satillites. Bookshelves can also do a great job of integrating with the sub and are much less than towers. Having said that, I own towers .

Even though your BR player has 7.1 analog outs it does not have a built-in amplifier so you do need a receiver. One with HDMI vs. i.4 if you want to run 3D thru it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks