What's new

Help - divorce imminent -Speakers my spouse and I can live with-? (1 Viewer)

I just connected my ascend acoustics CBM 170's and the HSU sub woofer. Since my wife gave me the den, she demands final say on the living room. Her eye is set on in wall speakers, while I am pushing for tiny speakers, but not in wall.
At one point someone rec. Energy -5 , but either I looked up the wrong ones, or they are too expensive. My budget is $200 for a pair.
Can anyone suggest decent in wall speakers, and then some small speakers that I can mount. We will go and listen , and hopefully live happily ever after!!

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
I listened to the NHT Superzero recently and liked the sound of them, especially coming from such a small speaker.
They don't put out any bass though so you would have to sneak a sub in there somewhere.
Luckily, my wife is very understanding of my addiction.
Good luck,
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Gil D

Supporting Actor
I also second the NHTs. Go with the SuperOnes for $50 more if the larger enclosure is not too intrusive. They have acceptable bass output for most without a sub.
Inwalls never sound as good as external speakers. Go with the box speakers if you can. The Xu versions come in white and I believe include brackets for wall mounting.
NHT may also have the new Super Audio series out now so you may want to check those out as well.
Good luck and be sure to stop by your local jeweler beforehand
wink.gif

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Couple other options (not sure if they are within the budget) are the Def Tech Pro Cinema 100.6 and the Gallo Micros.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Another option is Infinity,they have some really small speakers with a built on wall mount.They are part of the hts-10 speaker set but can be bought individauly.I had the whole set and for a small room,it was pretty decent.Again,they do not put out any bass but they do a great job on mids and highs
------------------

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Another option is Infinity,they have some really small speakers with a built on wall mount.They are part of the hts-10 speaker set but can be bought individauly.
The Infinitys that Chad is referring to are the US-1 series. and they are pretty sweet, especially considering the price (about $99 /pair on ebay). I've got a pair that I'm using as surrounds and they're outstanding. True, they only go down to about 70Hz... but that's going to be the case with any speaker that size. Plus, their built-in mounting bracket is second to none, very ingenious. And they have 5 way binding posts.
Info on the US-1:
http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...s=SAT&Status=C
Good luck,
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks