What's new

Help!! Can't get my HK DVD5 to power on! (1 Viewer)

EmetW

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a Harman Kardon DVD 5 DVD player today in the mail. I plugged it in, switched on the main toggle power button, and the on/standby switch turned amber in color-just what it is supposed to do. However, it will not respond if I press the on/standby button or if I try to use the remote to turn it on (bring it out of standby). Is there some quirk with HK stuff I am missing or is this thing a dud? Thanks!

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a dud. I don't have the DVD5 but my experience with H/K CD and DVD players tells me you should be able to push in the power button from the start and have it go to green. When you subsequently power down it should go to standby/amber. When in standby you should be able to press again and have it power down or power up if you're hitting play. Of course if the unit is not responding to both the remote and the power button there is a problem. Try unplugging it for a few seconds and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks