What's new

Help! Broken headphone jack in socket (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Help!

As title suggests, the headphone jack (or more accurately, the adaptor from the mini-jack to full-size jack) broke off in the socket of my amp. It broke just at the lower of the two "lines" of the jack/adaptor, leaving the tip stuck inside the socket.

Hence, the amp thinks there's a headphone jack inserted and therefore does not output anything to speakers.

Any suggestions as to how to extract the broken bit? I've tried needle-nose pliers, but it can't get a grip on anything. I was actually toying with the idea of getting some of that epoxy glue for use with metal, sticking a lump on the end of a nail and shoving it right in, and once it's set the broken bit (which is I think hollow) should be stuck onto the nail and should come out buy simply pulling the nail, but I'm loathe to stick glue (with all it's fumes) into my amp.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Find a long screw whose diameter is big enough to go inside the hollowed out jack and catch on the metal but not so big as cut through the jack. Screw it in a couple of thread and pull it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks