What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Incredibles -- INCREDIBLY RECOMMENDED!!! (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I know this is off topic, but I figured if any crew on the 'net would be able to do this, HTFers could. I lack the ability to snag screens from DVD's as some folks can. Would anyone be able to grab a bit from "The Incredibles?" There is an image that I have wanted since seeing it on the big screen but have searched high and low without luck (GIS, you failed me!). The image I really want is that very abstract row of the family heads (hairdo's, really) that is at the start of the credits. It would make a wicked desktop but I still...cannot...find it! Gah! Actually, I can't wait for the art of the Incredibles book to come out as I hope it has more stuff from the credits. That art style was so cool, an entire show could be done in that. But I digress.

So if anyone could be a doll and do a screen grab of those darn heads, I would be so very grateful.

Nathan Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
On Bird's commentary he mentions his bad experience working with a certain director on his first project. Anybody have an idea who he's specifically referring to? I was intrigued because I know he was animator on Martin Rosen's "Plague Dogs," but he also worked on "The Fox and the Hound," right?

Yahya

Auditioning
I'm really not sure which frame you're looking for phil but I can capture any frame you'ld like. If you have the dvd Pm me a frame time and I will get the capture for you. Hell, If you can give me the screen resolution of your monitor I could even give you a pic better suited for your monitor.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
What an amazing DVD this is.

Aside from the lack of participation from any of the voice actors, I couldn't possibly think of a complaint of any kind.

I think I'd have to agree with the opinion that The Incredibles is absolutely the best CG-animated feature so far...and I eagerly anticipate the movie can top it.

This and Bambi will make my Top 10 Discs of the year. I may complain about a lot of Disney-related stuff (and in a lot of cases they really do deserve it!) but I love to give credit where it's due, and I'm seriously grateful for the stunning work on both of these DVDs.

When I get my hands on a DVD like The Incredibles I'm just stunned that I only had to spend 17 bucks for something this wonderful.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention one segment with a member of the voice cast. Sarah Vowell's essay was a huge highlight of Disc 2, as was the audio commentary on "Mr. Incredible & Friends".

Paul D G

Screenwriter

I know what you're talking about. I thought they were cool too. In fact, Bird had a tshirt with those icons across the chest in the Making Of doc. I'd love to get a shirt like that.

-paul

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
yahya, thanks for the offer. Adam, thanks for the images! The first one was exactly what I am talking about! Maybe I am weird, but I just love those abstract heads. The second one is great, too. I could see them doing an animated series in that style (though a bit softened...closer to Gennedy T. from "Powerpuff Girls" fame).

Thanks again to both of you!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Did you guys know that the phone number on Mirage's card in the movie is a real phone number?

If you call, Mirage points you towards a secret Incredibles website where you can see an exclusive deleted scene (Dicker deals with Huph in the Hospital), get a free limited DVD poster mailed to you and a few other things. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Absolutely, and casting her in the role of Violet is one of the 1,000 reasons that Pixar does animation right. Not to pick on Dreamworks, but imagine if The Incredibles had been their property. They would have demanded a "name brand" celebrity to play Violet, regardless of whether or not the person was appropriate for the part or even good at voice-over work.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
good question.
i dont have my disc, brother has it right now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
No problem, Scott.

Until my lease runs out two months from yesterday, I'm surviving in a pretty depressing lifestyle. But last night, I grabbed my DVD and my laptop, found a nice dark quiet room somewhere, and just watched it straight through and again with the commentary. My second time experiencing it, and it brought me more joy than I've felt in a long, long time. What a fantastic, inspiring movie. On my 1680 x 1050 resolution monitor, it was also a fantastic visual experience too. Sometimes it's almost necessary to a have a bit of escapism that doesn't require me to turn off my brain. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks