Help about my Home Cinema choice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Maykel Santos, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Maykel Santos

Maykel Santos Auditioning

Hello...

I´ve just decided to buy a home cinema speakers and receiver. I want to ask about my election because I don´t know to muck about it.

I´ve chosen the Sony SA-VE545H(Pascal Series) with the Sony STR-DE595(5x100W). This system is my best election for my budget which is about 600€(euros). So, I can choose another three options:

1.- Denon 4450 AV(¿?) home cinema system(receiver and speakers)(549€)

2.- Onkyo HTP-103 Speaker(6.1) with Onkyo TX-SR600(6.1)(559€)

3.- Yamaha RX-V440RDS receiver with NS-P436 Speakers(6.1)(679€)

I have to tell you that this options are now in promotions, but the Sony option is a special price(20% discount) of my friend who work in Sony Shops.

I think the Onkyo and Denon are better than Sony receiver but the speakers of the Denon and Onkyo look worse.

I don´t know about the yamaha but the speaker have less power than the SA-VE545H.

I´m looking forward for you answer.

PD: Maybe my English is not good enough, for this reason forgive me.

2. AndrewErickson

AndrewErickson Stunt Coordinator

If it was me, I'd choose the Onkyo. Most people on here will tell you that Sony DE receivers are not very good for the price. But, with a 20% discount, it may not be too bad.

3. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

I am a long time denon owner and while I never really liked onkyo before, i did recently buy an Onkyo HTiB package for my home office/computer room and have been thoroughly pleased. I purchased the HT660 package for $349... For lower end stuff, I think Onkyo should always receive serious consideration, but beyond $1000 I prefer the sound of denon.

4. Maykel Santos

Thanks!! But the problem is that I have to choose between have a good receiver or a good speakers!!!

In other words, the Onkyo and denon receiver come with their own speakers(same brand, see above) wich don´t look very good. Also the Yamaha come with the Yamaha NS-P436 speaker system.

In conclusion, Do you think will be better if I choose Onkyo, Denon or Yamaha because these packages have a better receiver than the Sony wich have a better speakers(in my opinion)?. The Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha have to be bought by package(receiver and speakers together [​IMG] but not the Sony, See above in my first post for more details about models).

Thank you very much!!!

I´m looking forward for hearing your replies!!!

5. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

6. Maykel Santos

Thanks Stelios I´ll take it if a choice the Sony package.

But I´d like to know wich system will you choice between:

1-Sony SA-VE 545H(speakers pascal series) with the Sony receiver str-de 595(80x5 RMS). 620 €.

2-Yamaha NS-P436(Speakers) with the Yamaha RX-V430RDS(6x65 RMS).

Will you choice the 1 or 2 option? and why?

Thanks !!!