What's new

Hell has frozen over...Grease 2 DVD (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I cannot tell you how appalled I was last night when I popped this film into my DVD player. Always a long standing guilty pleasure of mine, I have to say that I enjoy this film...minus the music, mind you...but I enjoy this film.

What do I find?

A film that looks way better than the classic series from which it is the bastard spawn of. Why Paramount why?

Now, while this was covered to extreme the dis-satisfaction of how this film was treated in last years release, insult to injury as been passed down with the transfer for this one being almost perfect.

There is no reason for it. When the first movie arrived to DVD it was following the massive re-release of the film and freshly remastered. This film, Grease 2, looks like it has been remastered as well, but by people that loved the film. The first is horribly sloppy and sorry, I have only watched the film once since I bought it simply because I hate the transfer.

Now...these leads me back to what many of us thought along...that the transfer of the DVD for the first film was the transfer to the original release slated for the DVD back in the late 90's. Simply comparing the two films in their current state would lead people to this conclusion.

Granted...it has been stated that the first film is slated for a REAL Special Edition next year...but really, after looking at the second film, it just makes you wonder why the first film wasn't represented that well.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
WHAT?? When the hell did this come out??!

Oh... June 10.

OMG, and it's in widescreen! { jumps out of the chair and dances near the desk ) I am so sick to death of seeing this movie visually butchered in pan-and-scan when it's on TV!

Thank you, Chuck! If you didn't say anything about this I never would have known that it was out. :emoji_thumbsup:

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Now, now. As I mentioned in another thread long ago, if we condemned a whole movie just because of the cheesiness of one or two songs, then we might we well declare both Grease and Grease 2 as well as a hell of a lot of other musicals as being totally devoid of musical value.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
You ain't seen nothin' yet -- In L.A., the movie is getting the ROCKY HORROR treatment with a live reenactment show on Friday the 20th at midnight. Chris "Goose" McDonald is even going to be present. Trust me, seeing "Reproduction" done in the flesh is worth the price of admission.

www.sins.la

Shaun C

Agent
I'm in the camp that does not like this movie. In my mind, Grease begins and ends with the original movie, GREASE.

Unfortunatley, my wife and daughter want me to add this to our collection. At least I have some comfort in knowing it is a very good quality movie, albeit that I think the plot and songs suck.

Chuck L, your first paragraph has a couple of typos that go beyond just being regular typos, more like Freudian slips.

Applaud where I think you meant appalled

and quilty where I think you meant guilty, but maybe meant quality as well.

:D

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I was also at work Shaun, so thank you for the corrections and I will make them now. ;)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Great disc.

And don't forget, the voice of Bobby Hill plays Delores. She's Bobby's age in the film too.

As for the movie, as much as I love the first, this is a lot more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks