What's new

HDTV Set Top Box and a VCR? (1 Viewer)

Marc Weppner

Auditioning
Hello all,
I"m about to go purchase a new dish and set top box so I can begin taking advantage of the HDTV in my area - the lineup of college football games on CBS finally pushed me over the edge.
When I hook up the new dish to receive DirecTv signals and OTA signals, how does the VCR set up typically work? Right now, my VCR is hooked into my regular DirecTv receiver, and that is the only input I can record. Does the VCR just connect with the HDTV Set Top Box to record? And if so, will it be able to record DirecTv standard signals, DirecTv HD signals, OTA standard, and OTA HD? I would assume recording HDTV doesn't record in HDTV, but is it recordable to watch later in "regular" format?
Thanks for your time! Sorry for all the questions...I just want to make this transition as easy as possible!!
-Marc

Mike I

Supporting Actor
You would have to hook your HD receiver to your VCR thru the receiver standard outputs and not the HD outputs..The HD receiver would have to be in standard mode and not the HD or HD upconvert mode in order for your VCR to record..
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks