What's new

HDMI handshake issues with LG OLED55B6P (1 Viewer)

supersolid

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I have the setup pictured, the Direct Tv works fine, but Blu-ray and Fire TV get no sound or video. My harmony remote turns on the TV first, then the AVR, lastly the source. My 2010 Sony Bravia HD TV had no issues with the exact same setup. Anyone experiencing this issue with LG 4K TVs? Does my AVR need to be 4K compliant?

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
I have the setup pictured, the Direct Tv works fine, but Blu-ray and Fire TV get no sound or video. My harmony remote turns on the TV first, then the AVR, lastly the source. My 2010 Sony Bravia HD TV had no issues with the exact same setup. Anyone experiencing this issue with LG 4K TVs? Does my AVR need to be 4K compliant?

I believe your AVR should have 4k pass-thru. I have everything direct to tv ,then ARC from tv to Arc on Avr.
Hope that helps. Also Arc needs to be on, on both TV and Avr.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
In his diagram, ARC would only come into play for audio coming FROM the TV to the AVR. The three source components would be delivering audio directly to the AVR via their respective inputs. However, it doesn't really matter since the STR-DA2400ES does not support ARC.

supersolid, have you tried connecting the Oppo and the Fire TV directly to the LG to bypass the receiver? Do they work?

Last edited:

supersolid

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Yes, I connected the devices directly to the TV and everything worked. I clearly need a 4K capable AVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks