What's new

HD-(X)A1 Firmware Update now available on Toshiba website. Now version 2.4!!! (2 Viewers)

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Anyone else suffering the drive noise on SD discs since going to v2.2? I was watching Joan of Arcadia S1 last night and the drive "clicking" was quite noticeable...and It was not present with v2.1.

any chance Toshiba will fix it in 2.3 without "breaking" something else?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
If anyone wants it I have an extra Toshiba firmware 2.2 update disc. I received 2 of them over the weekend and would gladly send someone the extra. For models HD-A1/HD-XA1/HD-D1.

Actually I was surprised Toshiba sent me the latest firmware disc since I never heard anything from them since asking for it back in October. Fortunately I was able to download and burn my own discs to update my player.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I am not having any problems with my HD-A1 other than a few glitches with the Universal "Good Shepherd" disc. I am going to wait and watch before upgrading to 2.2 since all I have is an upgrade disc and no internet connection to the player and no known way to return to the current firmware if I do have problems. So far, it is unclear to me that this new firmware is to be recommended.

Chris

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Lo & behold, Toshiba really wants me to update to 2.2. Another 2.2 disc arrived today. :D That makes 3! Anyone need an official one? :)

LarryH

Supporting Actor

Does it appear they are sending these to everyone who received a 2.0 disk? They sent me one of those, but no sign yet of even one 2.2.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Are there any differences in the name & address shown on the envelope? I sometimes end up with duplicate or triplicate bulk mailouts and find a slight difference. Getting two of the three removed isn't easy if all three are the same.

Chris

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Tim, do you still have an extra disc? I've tried upgrading buy burining the ISO file to a disc, but something keeps going wrong.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I received the 2.2 disc in the mail today after not receiving any of the prior update discs. Still would like final word on the HDMI/DVI fix though before I proceed.

Dave>h

Second Unit
HI,

I loaded up 2.2 last night, no problems.

I watched an SD DD and noted that I could no longer upconvert the SD image to 1080i, the HD A1 would only allow me to upconvert to 720p.

Previously, with 2.0, I was able to upconvert to 1080i.

My set up is:

Toshiba HD a1 ver 2.2
Samsung DLP - 720p/1080i resolution HLN62XXX

connected via HDMI/DVI (TV has only DVI input, no HDMI)

I only watched one SD DVD. I also watch MI 3 on HD DVD for a few minutes. Although I did not notice if it was sending out the signal at 720p or 1080i. Will experiment more this evening.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks